Incredible Savings and Half-Priced Deals from November 27 to December 3, 2015
TORONTO, Nov. 25, 2015 /CNW/ - Looking to score the hottest deals of the year on kids' favourite toys, games and electronics? Toys"R"Us, Canada kicks off its week-long Black Friday event on Friday, November 27. The sale starts at midnight (EST) on toysrus.ca and in select stores across Canada at 7 a.m.* In addition, Cyber Monday deals start at midnight (EST) on Monday, November 30 only on toysrus.ca.
"This year, Toys"R"Us, Canada's Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals are bigger and better than ever as we deliver unparalleled savings to our customers," said Liz MacDonald, vice president, marketing and store planning, Toys"R"Us, Canada. "This is poised to be a blockbuster holiday season with Star Wars toys topping the wish lists of both young Jedi knights and nostalgic parents. For those looking to avoid the crowds, be sure to come into our stores early or shop online and take advantage of our in-store pick up service."
Toys"R"Us, Canada's Black Friday event includes:
- Save $100 on select Britax car seats
- Save $50 on Xbox One Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Bundle – Was $399.99, Now $349.97
- 40% OFF Select LEGO Building Sets
- 30% OFF Select Hasbro Games
- Save $30 on Guitar Hero Live – Was $129.99, Now $99.97
- Save $60 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite – Was $169.99, Now $109.97
50% OFF items:
- Mega-Bloks Build a Minion – Was $69.99, Now $34.97
- Graco Meal Time High Chair – Was $169.99, Now $84.97
- Graco Fold N'Go Pack 'N' Play Playard – Was $149.99, Now $74.97
- All LeapReader Reading and Writing Systems – Was $59.99, Now $29.97
- Motorola 2.4" Colour Video Monitor – Was $159.99, Now $79.97
- All Bedding Sets – Was $119.99, Now $59.97
- Barbie Malibu Remote Control Vehicle – Was $69.99, Now $34.97
- Select Imaginarium Blocks – Was $39.99 and $25.00, Now, $19.97 and $12.97
- Select Play-Doh Sets – Was $29.99 and $24.00, Now $14.97 and $17.97
- Select Ever After High Spring Unsprung Dolls – Was $34.99, Now $17.47
- Deluxe 2-in-1 Cozy Roadster – Was $79.99, Now $39.97
- Select Halo Skateboards – Was $59.99, Now $29.97
Cyber Monday Sneak Peek:
- 50% OFF BabyBjorn One Carrier – Was $239.99, Now $119.97
- 50% OFF select Meccanos – Was $79.99, Now $39.97
- 50% OFF select 3 pack Avengers figures – Was $74.99, Now $37.47
- 50% OFF Touch'n'Go Bullet Train – Was $36.99, Now $18.47
To give gift givers insight into what type of toys will top kids' wish lists this year, Toys"R"Us, Canada has identified six Holiday Hot Toy Trends for 2015:
Robotics & Toys-to-life: The latest innovations in robotic pets and toys-to-life are changing the way kids play as they look for toys that are more interactive, responsive and personalized.
Do It Yourself: Inspiration, Creation & Building Imagination: Hands-on toys that let kids stretch their imaginations and stimulate creativity as they build, customize and role-play are a must have for all ages.
Action-Packed Power Forces: Kids can't wait to get their hands on power-packed toys that let them ignite their inner adventure-seeking action hero.
Pre-school Character Explosion: Licensed toys of the most popular on-screen characters continue to be a big hit, especially with toddlers and pre-schoolers.
Extreme Get Up & Go: For active kids with energy to burn look for toys that can keep up with the pace and put kids in the centre of all the action.
Collect'em All's & Pets: Realistic toy pets and collectible toys with endless options are a popular pick for kids who love to collect.
According to data from The NPD Group, a global market research firm, toys within each trend have continued to see significant growth in sales throughout the year with robotic and interactive playmate toys up 18 per cent, building sets up seven per cent, blasters up 30 per cent and collectible toys up 50 per cent. NPD data has also found that 50 per cent of pre-school toys are based on popular characters such as Paw Patrol, Thomas & Friends and Doc McStuffins.1
More details about Toys"R"Us , Canada's Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals can be found at toysrus.ca/blackfriday and toysrus.ca/cybermonday.
About Toys"R"Us, Canada:
Toys"R"Us (Canada) Ltd and Babies"R"Us are part of Toys"R"Us, Inc., the world's leading dedicated toy and baby products retailer. Toys"R"Us, Canada operates 82 full-sized stores across the country. For store locations and convenient online shopping visit www.toysrus.ca and www.babiesrus.ca.
*Select stores open at 7 a.m. on Friday, November 27. Check stores for hours of operation. Various offers are valid until supplies last with no rain checks. Visit toysrus.ca/blackfriday and toysrus.ca/cybermonday for details.
1Source: The NPD Group, Inc. Data is from January 2015 to September 2015.
SOURCE Toys "R" Us (Canada) Ltd.
For further information: Sheri Papps, Paradigm Public Relations, 416-413-5207, email@example.com; Tamar Nersesian, Toys"R"Us, Canada, 905-660-2000 ext. 2729, firstname.lastname@example.org