Airline sets a new Canadian standard in passenger care
CALGARY, April 21 /CNW/ - WestJet today introduced a comprehensive
"Care-antee", setting a new standard for service and value in the Canadian
"The WestJet Care-antee is a set of promises we vow to uphold in good
times and bad," said Bob Cummings, Executive Vice-President, Guest Experience
and Marketing. "It's a very public commitment to our guests that we will
continue to deliver exceptional service and value, especially now when they
need it most."
"So many things are changing right now and people are uncertain about
what they can expect from the companies they deal with in their lives,"
continued Bob Cummings. "The WestJet Care-antee is about showing our guests in
a very real way that these are the things they can expect from their airline,
in good times and bad."
Promises in the WestJet Care-antee include:
- We will not charge you to change or cancel your flight for 24 hours
after you book
- We will not charge you for call centre bookings
- We will not overbook your flight
- We will not charge you for two checked bags
- We will have the lowest, change, cancel and pre-reserved seating fees
- We will accommodate you if your flight is delayed. Even if it's
Mother Nature's fault
- We will fly you in the youngest all-jet fleet in North America
- We will provide live seatback TV on our flights
- We will give you ample legroom and overhead bin space
- We will publish our on-time, lost baggage and cancellation rates
- We will always let you know how we're doing as a company
- We will offer free online check-in and seat selection 24 hours before
- We will allow you to transfer your credit files to friends or family
- We will give you free snacks and refreshments on your flight
- We will always include smiles and thank yous. Always
"The ability to change or cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking
at no charge is something new," said Bob Cummings. "We want our guests to be
able to book with confidence, secure in the knowledge that if something comes
up or they change their mind within that first 24 hours, they can change or
cancel their flight and they'll get their money back, no questions asked."
For more information about the WestJet Care-antee, please visit
This is the spot where you normally find all the rules and conditions.
But let's face it; stuff happens and things change. What we can promise is
that we'll do our best and do it with a smile.
WestJet is Canada's leading high-value low-cost airline offering
scheduled service throughout its 55-city North American and Caribbean network.
Named one of Canada's most admired corporate cultures in 2005, 2006, 2007 and
2008, WestJet pioneered low-cost flying in Canada. WestJet offers increased
legroom, leather seats and live seatback television provided by Bell TV on its
modern fleet of 79 Boeing Next-Generation 737 aircraft. With future confirmed
deliveries for an additional 42 aircraft, bringing its fleet to 121 by 2013,
WestJet strives to be the number one choice for travellers.
For further information:
For further information: Media Contacts: Robert Palmer, Media Relations,
telephone: 1-888-WJ 4 NEWS (1-888-954-6397), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org