Starbucks(R) super-premium coffee now available in grocery stores across
TORONTO, April 19 /CNW Telbec/ - Coffee is the leading beverage of choice
in Canada and consumers are seeking higher quality products and more variety.
Canadians now have a selection of Starbucks(R) super-premium coffees to choose
from where they buy groceries, at participating Loblaws, IGA, Metro, A&P,
Safeway, Overwaitea, Wal-Mart, Sobeys and Federated Coop stores.
Whether consumers get their day started with the flavourful and
light-bodied Starbucks(R) Breakfast Blend, or prefer the earthy and aromatic
Sumatra blend, coffee lovers everywhere will be able to purchase any of
Starbucks' eight premium varieties. These include the Breakfast Blend, House
Blend and Decaf House Blend, Africa Kitamu(TM), Sumatra, Caffè Verona(R),
Espresso roast or French roast.
Travel the world without leaving your kitchen!
The availability of Starbucks products in grocery stores will allow
coffee-lovers to explore unique flavours from around the world and discover
how geography really is a flavour since different regions produce coffees with
distinctive tastes and intensities. The unique combination of origin, soil,
elevation and farming practices allow Starbucks to bring you an assortment of
- Latin America - Celebrated for their great balance, medium body and
- Africa/Arabia - Renowned for their floral aromas and citrus tastes.
- Asia/Pacific - Popular for their full body and mellow, earthy flavours.
- Multi-Region - Containing a blend of beans from many regions, these
full-bodied and intense coffees are complex, caramelly and smokey.
"Waking up to the best coffee in town just got easier. Any coffee-lover
can now brew the perfect cup of coffee in the comfort of their own home by
following four simple guidelines: grind, proportion, water and freshness,"
says Laurence Pawelczyk, Green coffee specialist at Starbucks.
Brewing and enjoying the perfect cup of coffee at home
- Grind - A proper grind ensures that only the best flavours end up in
your cup. Different brewing methods have different grind requirements.
Use a very fine grind for an espresso machine, a medium grind for a
drip machine and a coarse grind for a coffee press.
- Proportion - Two tablespoons (10 g) ground coffee for every 6 fl
(180 ml) of water is recommended to yield a rich, aromatic cup.
- Water - If your local tap water tastes fresh and pure, then it's likely
to make a good cup of coffee. Otherwise, consider using filtered or
- Freshness - Coffee loses freshness when exposed to oxygen, light, heat
and moisture. Once a Flavourlock(TM) bag is opened, storing in an
airtight container and using within seven days is recommended.
Enhance your coffee experience and highlight each blend's distinctive
flavours by pairing them with the following foods:
- Breakfast Blend - Pancakes or French toast, as well as apple and
blueberry complement this coffee for a bright first impression.
- House Blend & Decaf House Blend - This versatile coffee pairs well with
croissants, pastries or muffins.
- Africa Kitamu(TM) - Accentuate this coffee's citrus and floral
undertones with citrus pastries, muffins or scones.
- Sumatra - Cinnamon, toffee and buttery pastries complement this coffee.
- Caffè Verona(R) - Delicious when savored with chocolate confections,
sugar pie or other sweet desserts.
- Espresso Roast - Complements chocolate or spicy baked treats like
cinnamon rolls. It also makes a fine drip coffee.
- French Roast - Toasted nuts, roasted vegetables and caramelized
desserts all harmonize with this roast.
About Starbucks Coffee Company
Starbucks Coffee Company provides an uplifting experience that enriches
people's lives one moment, one human being, one extraordinary cup of coffee at
a time. To share in the experience, visit www.starbucks.ca.
For further information:
For further information: Emilie Verret, Edelman Public Relations, (514)
844-6665, ext. 228, email@example.com; Lara Wyss, Starbucks Coffee
Company, (206) 318-7100, firstname.lastname@example.org