TORONTO, Feb. 25 /CNW/ - Scotiabank is holding its 176th Annual Meeting
of Shareholders on Tuesday, March 4, 2008 in Edmonton.
- Shaw Conference Centre, Hall C, 9797 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton,
- Tuesday, March 4, 2008 at 12:00 p.m. EST (10:00 a.m. MST).
- A live audio webcast of the Annual Meeting will be available via the
Investor Relations page of www.scotiabank.com and will be archived
for one year.
- Following approximately five to 10 minutes after the Annual Meeting,
at about 2:15 p.m. EST (12:15 p.m. MST), there will be a media
briefing. (Please note the exact start time will depend on the
duration of the Annual Meeting proceedings.)
- Interested parties may access the briefing - in listen-only mode -
via telephone at (800) 731-5774 or via audio webcast from the
Investor Relations page of www.scotiabank.com.
- Media interested in participating in the media conference, either in
person or via interactive phone line, should contact Patty
Stathokostas at (416) 866-3625 for further details.
- A telephone replay of the media briefing will be available between
March 4, 2008 and June 4, 2008 by calling (877) 289-8525
(identification code 21263575, followed by the number sign).
First Quarter Results News Release
- A news release of the first quarter results will be issued in Canada
over CNW Group and in the U.S. over PR Newswire by 7:00 a.m. EST
(5:00 a.m. MST) on Tuesday, March 4, 2008.
First Quarter Results Conference Call
- The conference call will take place on Tuesday, March 4, 2008 at
9:00 a.m. EST (7:00 a.m. MST) and is expected to last approximately
- Interested parties are invited to access the call live, in listen-
- Via telephone, toll-free, at (800) 733-7560 (please call five to
15 minutes in advance).
- Via the Internet on the Investor Relations section of
- During the call, listeners may also wish to refer to the Quarterly
Results information displayed on the Investor Relations section of
- Following discussion of the results by Scotiabank Executives, there
will be a question and answer session. Listeners are also invited to
submit questions by e-mail, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A telephone replay of the call will be available between March 4,
2008 and March 18, 2008 by calling (416) 640-1917 (identification
code 21262348, followed by the number sign).
- The archived audio webcast will be available on the Investor
Relations page of www.scotiabank.com from approximately 6:00 p.m. EST
on March 4, 2008 for three months.
Scotiabank is one of North America's premier financial institutions and
Canada's most international bank. With more than 60,000 employees, Scotiabank
Group and its affiliates serve approximately 12.5 million customers in some 50
countries around the world. Scotiabank offers a diverse range of products and
services including personal, commercial, corporate and investment banking.
With $412 billion in assets (as at October 31, 2007), Scotiabank trades on the
Toronto (BNS) and New York Exchanges (BNS). For more information please visit
For further information:
For further information: Patty Stathokostas, Scotiabank Public Affairs,