TORONTO, March 5 /CNW/ - Scotiabank is holding its 175th Annual Meeting
of Shareholders on Tuesday, March 6, 2007 in Halifax.
- World Trade and Convention Centre, Port Royal Room,
1800 Argyle Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Tuesday, March 6, 2007 at 10:00 a.m. AST.
- A live audio webcast of the Annual Meeting will be available via the
Investor Relations page of www.scotiabank.com and will be archived for
- Following approximately five to 10 minutes after the Annual Meeting,
at about 12:15 p.m. AST (11:15 a.m. EST), there will be a media
briefing. (Please note the exact start time will depend on the
duration of the Annual Meeting proceedings.)
- Interested parties may access the briefing - in listen-only mode - via
telephone at 1-800-732-9303 or via audio webcast from the Investor
Relations page of www.scotiabank.com.
- Media interested in participating in the media conference, either in
person or via interactive phone line, should contact Jane Shannon at
(416) 866-6806 for further details.
- A telephone replay of the media briefing will be available between
March 6, 2007 and June 8, 2007 by calling (877) 289-8525
(identification code 21218575 followed by the number sign)
First Quarter Results News Release
- A news release of the first quarter results will be issued in Canada
over CNW Group and in the U.S. over PR Newswire by 9:00 a.m. EST on
Tuesday, March 6, 2007.
First Quarter Results Conference Call
- The conference call will take place on Tuesday, March 6, 2007 at
1:00 p.m. EST and is expected to last approximately one hour.
- Interested parties are invited to access the call live, in listen-only
- Via telephone, toll-free, at 1-800-732-6179 (please call five to
15 minutes in advance).
- Via the Internet on the Investor Relations section of
- During the call, listeners may also wish to refer to the Quarterly
Results information displayed on the Investor Relations section of
- Following discussion of the results by Scotiabank Executives, there
will be a question and answer session. Listeners are also invited to
submit questions by e-mail, to email@example.com.
Conference Call Archive
- A telephone replay of the call will be available between March 6, 2007
and March 20, 2007 by calling (416) 640-1917 (identification code
21218684 followed by the number sign).
- The archived audio webcast will be available on the Investor Relations
page of www.scotiabank.com from approximately 6:00 p.m. EST on
March 6, 2007 for three months.
Scotiabank is one of North America's premier financial institutions and
Canada's most international bank. With close to 57,000 employees, Scotiabank
Group and its affiliates serve approximately 12 million customers in some 50
countries around the world. Scotiabank offers a diverse range of products and
services including personal, commercial, corporate and investment banking.
With $379 billion in assets (as at October 31, 2006), Scotiabank trades on the
Toronto (BNS) and New York Exchanges (BNS). For more information please visit
For further information:
For further information: Paula Cufre, Scotiabank Public Affairs, (416)