TORONTO, March 4 /CNW/ - Scotiabank today announced changes in the
interest rates earned on Scotia Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GICs).
The new rates are effective March 5, 2008.
- one-year GIC rate decreases 0.20 per cent to 2.30 per cent;
- two-year GIC rate decreases 0.25 per cent to 2.55 per cent;
- three-year GIC rate decreases 0.25 per cent to 2.80 per cent;
- four-year GIC rate decreases 0.25 per cent to 3.00 per cent;
- five-year GIC rate decreases 0.25 per cent to 3.10 per cent;
- seven-year GIC rate decreases 0.15 per cent to 3.30 per cent;
- ten-year GIC rate decreases 0.10 per cent to 3.40 per cent.
(R) Registered trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia.
For further information:
For further information: Paula Cufre, Scotiabank Public Affairs, (416)