TORONTO, Jan. 28 /CNW/ - Scotiabank today announced changes in the
interest rates earned on Scotia Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GICs). The
new rates are effective January 29, 2008.
- one-year GIC rate decreases 0.05 per cent to 2.55 per cent;
- two-year GIC rate decreases 0.05 per cent to 3.00 per cent;
- three-year Ultimate(R) GIC rate decreases 0.25 per cent to
3.75 per cent;
- five-year Ultimate(R) GIC rate decreases 0.20 per cent to
3.90 per cent;
- The effective yield on the five-year Accelerated Rate GIC decreases
from 4.3393 per cent to 4.0423 per cent.
(R) Registered trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia.
For further information:
For further information: Paula Cufre, Scotiabank Public Affairs, (416)