Road closures in effect from 5 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday, September 30,
TORONTO, Sept. 29 /CNW/ - The 8th annual Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront
Marathon, Half-Marathon and 5km Run/Walk takes place on Sunday September 30,
2007 starting at 7 a.m. More than 10,000 competitors are expected to
participate in the race and the Scotiabank Charity Challenge, which supports
more than 50 recognized charities. Spectators from neighbourhoods along the
race route can also support their local runner and raise money for a
neighbourhood charity while enjoying community festivities. This year's event
hopes to surpass last year's total of $750,000 raised for participating
Race Route Road Closures:
- Lakeshore Boulevard from Windermere Avenue to Bathurst - closed
5 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Lakeshore Boulevard from Bay Street to Don Roadway - closed 6 a.m. to
- Lakeshore Boulevard from Woodbine Avenue to Leslie Street - closed
6 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Bay Street from Wellington Street West to Lakeshore Boulevard -
closed 5 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wellington Street West from Simcoe Street to Bay Street - closed
5 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wellington Street West from Bay Street to Church Street - closed
6:45 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- Front Street (eastbound lanes) from Church Street to Jarvis Street -
closed 6:45 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- Front Street (full road) from Jarvis Street to Parliament Street -
closed 6:45 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- Parliament Street from Front Street to Lakeshore Boulevard - closed
6:45 a.m. to 8a.m.
- Wellington Street West from Simcoe Street to John Street - closed
5a.m. to 4 p.m
- Queen's Quay eastbound lanes from Stadium Road to Parliament Street
and Lakeshore Boulevard - closed 7:45a.m. to 10a.m.
- Commissioners Road eastbound lanes from Don Roadway to Leslie Street
and Unwin Avenue - closed 7a.m. to 1p.m.
- Leslie Street from Commissioners Road to the Leslie Street Spit and
Unwin Avenue- closed 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Gardiner Expressway Access:
- Spadina Avenue will remain open all day for uninterrupted north-south
and Gardiner Expressway access
- Eastbound Gardiner Expressway ramp to Yonge, York and Bay streets -
- Eastbound Gardiner Expressway ramp to Jarvis Street - closed
- Westbound Gardiner Expressway ramp to Sherbourne and Jarvis streets -
all traffic to be diverted to northbound Sherbourne Street
- Westbound Gardiner Expressway ramp to Yonge, York and Bay Streets -
all traffic to be diverted to northbound Yonge Street
- Westbound Gardiner Expressway at Spadina Avenue- all traffic to be
diverted to northbound Spadina Avenue
Other Important Access Information:
- North/South access for Queen's Quay via Spadina & Rees Avenue
(Spadina south to eastbound Lakeshore to Rees)
- Access to Gardiner Expressway via Spadina Avenue, which will be open
- Special access lane arrangements have been made from Windermere
Avenue to Ontario Place on Lakeshore Boulevard (for the Boulevard
Club, Argonaut Rowing Club and Ontario Place).
- Don Valley Parkway Southbound should take the Richmond Street exit.
- Don Valley Parkway Northbound can be accessed via Gardiner Expressway
Expressway (south on Spadina to Lakeshore, east on Lakeshore to ramp
just east of Rees)
For further information:
For further information: Alan Brookes, Race Director, Scotiabank Toronto
Waterfront Marathon, (416) 464-7437; Livy Feldgajer, Scotiabank, Public
Affairs, (416) 866-6203