Unreserved public auction on April 28 – May 1 features 8,000+ equipment items and trucks
EDMONTON, April 15, 2015 /CNW/ - Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA), the world's largest industrial auctioneer, will conduct its largest Canadian auction ever in Edmonton, Alberta on April 28 – May 1, 2015. The four-day unreserved public auction already features more than 8,000 equipment items and trucks, including 225+ crawler tractors, 235+ excavators, 210+ compactors, 85+ wheel loaders, 95+ articulated dump trucks, 200+ truck tractors, 560 trailers, 50+ agricultural tractors, real estate and more. Day 4 of the auction (May 1) will feature oil and gas equipment. Every item will be sold to the highest bidder regardless of price, without minimum bids or reserve prices. A full list of equipment can be found at rbauction.com/Edmonton.
"Our next Edmonton auction will be a huge event—our first four-day auction in Canada, with the most equipment we've ever sold in a Canadian auction," said Jim Rotlisberger, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers. "We have equipment from every sector—construction, transportation, agriculture, drilling & mining, oil & gas and more. The auction is open to the public, and every item will be sold to a new owner, with no minimum bids or reserve prices. Interested bidders are welcome to visit our Edmonton site ahead of the auction to inspect and test equipment. Bids can be placed in person, online in real time and by proxy."
Equipment in the auction will be sold for 750+ owners, including complete dispersals for Ashtale Contracting Ltd., Earth & Iron Inc. and Daymond Trucking Company Ltd., as well as major realignments for A-1 Rentals, Garry's Construction Ltd. and Precision Contractors.
General auction schedule:
- Day One (Tuesday, April 28) – 200+ truck tractors, 120 flatbed trucks, 110 dump trucks, 50+ service trucks, 60+ boom trucks, 35+ water trucks, 30+ vacuum trucks, 340+ pickup trucks and more
- Day Two (Wednesday, April 29) – 95+ articulated dump trucks, 85+ wheel loaders, 65+ motor graders, 70+ multi-terrain loaders, 40+ motor scrapers, 50+ skid steer loaders, 25+ loader backhoes, 125+ dump trailers, 65+ lowboys, 25+ hiboys, 20+ log trailers and more
- Day Three (Thursday, April 30) – 225+ crawler tractors, 285+ boom lifts, 140+ scissorlifts, 120+ telescopic forklifts, 45+ forklifts, 30+ cranes and more.
- Day Four (Friday, May 1) – 235+ excavators, 210+ compactors, as well as oil and gas, drilling, forestry and other equipment.
Specific equipment highlights include:
- 30+ Kenworth T800 truck tractors
- 35 Caterpillar D6T LGP crawler tractors
- 25+ Caterpillar D8T crawler tractors
- 15 Volvo A40F 6x6 articulated dump trucks
- 15 2014 Caterpillar 299D XPS multi-terrain loaders
- Seven Caterpillar 14M VHP motor graders
- Four 2011 Caterpillar 740B 6x6 articulated dump trucks
- Four 2015 Freightliner 122SD tri-drive truck tractors
- Three 2013 Caterpillar 627H motor scrapers
- Two unused Komatsu WA270-7 wheel loaders
- Two Link-Belt HTC86100 100-ton 8x4x4 hydraulic truck cranes
- An unused 2014 Caterpillar 320EL hydraulic excavator
- A 2011 Bauer BG20H foundation drill
Consignments are still being accepted for the auction. If you have equipment and/or trucks to sell, contact the auction site directly at +1.780.955.2486. See full auction and equipment details at rbauction.com/Edmonton.
About Ritchie Bros.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is the world's largest seller of used equipment for the construction, transportation, agriculture, material handling, energy, mining, forestry, marine and other industries. Ritchie Bros. TM solutions make it easy for the world's builders to buy and sell equipment with confidence, including live unreserved public auctions with on-site and online bidding (rbauction.com), the EquipmentOneTM secure online marketplace (EquipmentOne.com), a professional corporate asset management program, and a range of value-added services, including equipment financing for customers through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services (rbauction.com/financing). Ritchie Bros. has operations in 19 countries, including 44 auction sites worldwide. Learn more at RitchieBros.com.
The discussion in this press release relating to future events contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties including, in particular, statements regarding future results. These risks and uncertainties include: the numerous factors that influence the supply of and demand for used equipment; fluctuations in the market conditions and values of used equipment; economic and other conditions in local, regional and global markets; market reaction to oil & gas industry changes; and other risks and uncertainties as detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC and Canadian securities filings, including the Company's Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations for the year ended December 31, 2014, available on the SEC, SEDAR and the Company's websites. Actual results may differ materially from those forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this press release and the Company does not undertake any obligation to update the information contained herein unless required under applicable securities legislation.
PHOTOS FOR MEDIA USE: Photos and other media resources are available for use at rbauction.com/media. Members of the public and the media can follow Ritchie Bros. on Twitter @RitchieBros.
SOURCE Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers
For further information: Ian Malinski, Corporate Communications Lead, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Phone: +1.778.331.5432, Email: CorpComm@rbauction.com; Or, Jim Rotlisberger, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Edmonton auction site phone: +1.780.955.2486; Investor Relations inquiries: Jamie Kokoska, Director, Investor Relations, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Phone: +1.778.331.5219, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org