OTTAWA, Nov. 19 /CNW Telbec/ - FCM President Gord Steeves will publicly
launch a report on Canada's municipal infrastructure deficit containing a new
estimate on the size of the deficit at a news conference Nov. 20 in Ottawa.
The news conference will be preceded by an off-the-record technical
briefing for reporters.
President Steeves will be joined at the news conference by Prof. Saeed
Mirza of McGill University, author of the report, and Councillor Louise
Poirier of Gatineau, Que., a member of FCM's board of directors.
The off-the-record technical briefing will take place from 8:30 to
9:30 a.m. (all times EST) in L'Orangerie Room on the second floor of the
Fairmont Chateau Laurier Hotel in Ottawa
Copies of the report and backgrounders will be available, embargoed until
10:00 a.m. Nov. 20.
- What: FCM releases report on the size of the national municipal
- When: Nov. 20
- Technical briefing 8:30 - 9:30 a.m.
- News conference 10:00 - 10:30 a.m.
- Technical briefing: L'Orangerie Room, Fairmont Chateau Laurier Hotel,
- News conference: Charles Lynch Press Theatre, Room 130-S, Centre
Block, House of Commons
- Technical briefing: Prof Saeed Mirza with members of his staff, and
- News conference: FCM President Gord Steeves, FCM board member Louise
Poirier, and Prof. Mirza
For further information:
For further information: or to arrange interviews: Maurice Gingues,