Simply Chic Gala Tickets Now on Sale
TORONTO, May 8 /CNW/ - Torontonians are invited to 'dance, dine, drink,
and delight' at Simply Chic, a gala fundraiser in support of the The Pencer
Brain Trust, which provides multidisciplinary care, treatment and support for
brain tumor patients and their families. Promising to be the hottest event of
the season, many of city's famous personalities and socialites will attend on
Wednesday May 20th at The Liberty Grand Entertainment Complex. For more
information please call the Simply Chic hotline at 416.923.2999 or email
About SIMPLY CHIC Gala
- The Pencer Brain Trust proudly presents its ninth annual gala, SIMPLY
CHIC MC'd by super-chic Abby Tobias from Sole Power.
- SIMPLY CHIC will be held at The Liberty Grand Entertainment Complex.
The gala evening begins at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 20, 2008 and
includes entertainment from De La Funk Band and Sole Power Band.
- Funds raised from the event will go to The Gerry & Nancy Pencer Brain
Tumor Centre at Princess Margaret Hospital in Toronto to help finance
state-of-the-art treatment and research.
- This year, the gala is expected to net more than $450,000 because of
the tremendous corporate and private support. Cumulative net earnings
prior to this year are $4,200,000.
- Attendees can bid on fabulous auction items including:
- Holt Renfrew Shopping Spree - Value: $2,000
- Argo's Luxury Suite Party for Twelve - Value: $3,500
- Home Decorating with 'Designer to the Stars' Kristi Morrison -
- Exclusive Muskoka Getaway - Value: $2,500
- South of France Accommodations - Value: $2,300
- 'So You Think You Can Dance Canada' Tickets - Value: Priceless
How to be SIMPLY CHIC?
- Classic Chic - seek inspiration from fashion icon Coco Chanel, you
can never go wrong with a fabulous little black dress and red
- Fast Chic - add one 'must-have' accessory to your look
- Signature Chic - find a perfume or lipstick to call your own
- Manly Chic - don't be afraid to add colour and patterns to your
- Canadian Chic - look for great Canadian designs like Pink Tartan and
Canadian Facts about Brain Tumors
- Approximately 10,000 Canadians are diagnosed with a brain tumor each
- Treatment is complicated given that there are more than 120 types and
the location in the brain varies greatly from patient to patient.
- Primary brain tumors can attack anyone; though tumors in children are
usually treated differently than those in adults. Brain tumors are
the leading cause of solid cancer death in children under the age of
- 20 - 40% of patients living with cancer will also develop a
metastatic brain tumor.
- The Gerry & Nancy Pencer Brain Trust in Princess Margaret Hospital is
a not-for-profit organization with a mandate to make a difference in
the quality of life of people living with brain tumors.
- A clinic unlike any other, the Centre is designed to be warm and
aesthetically pleasing to all who visit. The atmosphere is meant to
encourage optimism and comfort - a home away from home.
For further information:
For further information: For interviews, information or to confirm your
attendance, please contact: Lorraine Doherty, (416) 939-9409,