TSX : PSD
OTCQX : PLSDF
CALGARY, June 10, 2015 /CNW/ - Pulse Seismic Inc. ("Pulse" or "the Company") is pleased to announce it has signed a $5.1 million seismic data licensing agreement, resulting in total seismic data library sales of $6.2 million so far for the second quarter of 2015. The sale brings year-to-date seismic data library sales to $7.5 million.
"This significant sale makes Pulse's year-to-date data library sales revenue sufficient to cover the Company's cash operating and interest costs for the full year," stated Neal Coleman, Pulse's President and CEO. "Although low commodity prices have reduced traditional seismic data library sales, we are pleased to see corporate transactions in the oil and gas producing sector which are leading to significant transactional data library sales revenue."
The agreement announced today is a transactional seismic data licensing sale. The licensed data is spread throughout the Deep Basin region of the Western Canada Sedimentary Basin. As discussed in Pulse's annual report for the year ended December 31, 2014, transactional sales are forming an increasing proportion of the Company's overall revenue, with traditional sales having declined due to reduced field capital spending by oil and natural gas producers.
As Pulse has frequently noted in past disclosure documents, the amount and timing of seismic data sales are unpredictable, and the typically large size but unpredictable nature of transaction-based sales increases the difficulty of forecasting Company revenue.
Pulse's low cost structure enables the Company to generate shareholder free cash flow at low levels of annual data library sales revenue. The Company remains hopeful of securing additional transactional as well as traditional sales through the balance of 2015.
The financial information in this news release is based on management's estimates and has not yet been approved by the Company's Audit Committee or Board of Directors, or reviewed by the Company's auditors.
On July 31, 2015 the Company anticipates releasing full financial statements and related information for the three and six months ended June 30, 2015.
Pulse is a market leader in the acquisition, marketing and licensing of 2D and 3D seismic data to the western Canadian energy sector. Pulse owns the second-largest licensable seismic data library in Canada, currently consisting of approximately 28,400 net square kilometres of 3D seismic and 340,000 net kilometres of 2D seismic. The library extensively covers the Western Canada Sedimentary Basin where most of Canada's oil and natural gas exploration and development occurs.
Forward Looking Information
This news release contains information that constitutes "forward looking information" or "forward looking statements" (collectively, "forward looking information") within the meaning of applicable securities legislation. This forward looking information includes, among other things, statements regarding:
- Transactional sales are forming an increasing proportion of the Company's overall revenue, with traditional sales having declined due to reduced field capital spending by oil and natural gas producers.
- The Company remains hopeful of securing additional transactional as well as traditional sales through the balance of 2015;
- Other expectations, beliefs, plans, goals, objectives, assumptions, information and statements about possible future events, conditions, results and performance.
Often, but not always, forward looking information uses words or phrases such as: "foresees", "expects", "does not expect" or "is expected", "anticipates" or "does not anticipate", "plans" or "does not plan", "estimates" or "estimated", "projects" or "projected", "forecasts" or "forecasted", "believes" or "does not believe", "intends" or "does not intend", "likely" or "unlikely", "possible", "probable", "scheduled", "positioned", "goal", "objective", "hopes", "optimistic" or states that certain actions, events or results "should", "may", "could", "would", "might" or "will" be taken, occur or be achieved.
Undue reliance should not be placed on forward-looking information. Forward looking information is based upon current expectations, estimates and projections that involve a number of risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results to vary and in some instances to differ materially from those anticipated in the forward looking information.
The material risk factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking information include, but are not limited to:
- oil and natural gas prices;
- seismic industry cycles and seasonality;
- the demand for seismic data and participation surveys;
- the pricing of data library license sales;
- relicensing (change of control) fees and partner copy sales;
- the level of pre-funding of participation surveys, and the ability of the Company to make subsequent data library sales from such participation surveys;
- the ability of the Company to complete participation surveys on time and within budget;
- environment, health and safety risks;
- the effect of seasonality and weather conditions on participation surveys;
- federal and provincial government laws and regulation, including taxation, royalty rates, environment and safety;
- dependence upon qualified seismic field contractors;
- dependence upon key management, operations and marketing personnel;
- loss of seismic data;
- protection of Intellectual Property; and
- the introduction of new products.
The foregoing list of risks is not exhaustive. Additional information on these risks and other factors which could affect the Company's operations or financial results are included in the Risk Factors section of the Company's MD&A for the most recent calendar year and interim periods. Forward looking information is based upon the assumptions, expectations, estimates and opinions of the Company's management at the time the information is presented.
SOURCE Pulse Seismic Inc.
For further information: Neal Coleman, President and CEO or Pamela Wicks, VP Finance and CFO, Tel.: 403-237-5559, Toll-free: 1-877-460-5559, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Please visit our website at www.pulseseismic.com