OTTAWA, Sept. 6 /CNW Telbec/ - On Monday, 10 September 2007 at
13:30 (ET), the Bank of Canada, the Durham District School Board, the Royal
Canadian Mounted Police, the Ontario Provincial Police, and the Sûreté du
Québec will hold a joint press conference to announce a new initiative to
involve Canadian high school students in the fight against the counterfeiting
of bank notes. The press conference will be held at the Press Theatre,
National Press Building, 150 Wellington Street, Ottawa.
- Bank of Canada: Mr. Pierre Duguay, Deputy Governor
- Durham District School Board: Mr. Craig Burch, Director of Education
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police: Inspector Rick Shaw, Officer in Charge,
National Youth Services
- Ontario Provincial Police: Inspector Mark Allen, Manager, Crime
Prevention Section, OPP Investigation Bureau
- Sûreté du Québec : Inspecteur-chef Luc Fillion, Direction du soutien à
The press conference will be followed by a question period, after which
speakers will be available to grant individual media interviews to reporters
physically in attendance.
Teleconference: Journalists who would like to take part in the press
conference by telephone must dial 1 888 265-0464 and refer to reservation
number 15758891, at least 10 minutes before the event is scheduled to begin.
For further information:
For further information: Bank of Canada: Jeremy Harrison, (613)
782-8782, firstname.lastname@example.org; Durham District School Board: Andrea
Pidwerbecki, (905) 666-6313, email@example.com