Hundreds Gather For PodCamp Toronto 2008
TORONTO, Feb. 27 /CNW/ - PodCamp Toronto 2008 brought hundreds of people
from across North America together on February 23 and 24 to explore the
cutting edge of new media.
"The community really came together this weekend to create a remarkable
conference," said Jay Moonah, PodCamp Toronto co-organizer.
With almost 50 sessions to choose from, attendees learned about a wide
range of topics including:
- Getting started with blogging and podcasting
- Promoting brands online
- Cutting-edge online video tools
- The rise of online communities like Second Life and Twitter
- How the Internet is affecting ethics in traditional media.
Video of every session was also broadcast online. People from as far away
as Finland tuned in to watch the conference as it happened.
PodCamp Toronto is the latest in a growing series of "unconferences."
Unconferences are events where participants, rather than the organizers,
create and manage the content of the sessions.
Other upcoming PodCamp events include:
- <a href="http://podcamp.pbwiki.com/PodCampSLC">PodCamp Salt Lake City</a>, March 15, 2008
- <a href="http://podcampdc.pbwiki.com/">PodCamp DC</a>, April 18-20, 2008
- <a href="http://podcampsa.pbwiki.com/">PodCamp South Africa</a>, April 19, 2008
- <a href="http://www.podcampnyc.org/Home">PodCamp New York City</a>, April 25-26, 2008
- <a href="http://www.podcampohio.com/">PodCamp Ohio</a>, June 28, 2008.
"None of this would have been possible without our sponsors," said
Moonah. "On behalf of everyone who attended PodCamp Toronto, I want to thank
them for making this event happen."
Learn more about PodCamp Toronto 2008 by visiting the <a href="http://podcamptoronto.pbwiki.com/PodcampTorontoSessions">event wiki</a>, the
<a href="http://podcamptoronto.wordpress.com/">PodCamp Toronto blog and podcast</a> or by checking out <a href="http://del.icio.us/podcamptoronto">related links on</a>
Technorati Tags: <a href="http://www.technorati.com/search/podcamptoronto">podcamptoronto</a>, <a href="http://www.technorati.com/search/podcamptoronto2008">podcamptoronto2008</a>, <a href="http://technorati.com/search/social+media">social media</a>,
<a href="http://technorati.com/search/podcamp">podcamp</a>, <a href="http://technorati.com/search/podcasting">podcasting</a>
/NOTE TO PHOTO EDITORS: A photo accompanying this release is available on
the CNW Photo Network and archived at http://photos.newswire.ca.
Additional archived images are also available on the CNW Photo Archive
website at http://photos.newswire.ca. Images are free to accredited
members of the media/
For further information:
For further information: Media Contact: Dave Fleet, (416) 522-4219,