CALGARY, Alberta, Oct. 11 /CNW/ -- It's that time of year. Thanksgiving
is over and Canadians are heading into the home stretch of 2007- the end of
another tax year. For over one million Canadians, it appears tax deadlines
come and go -- without a thought of filing. Why? Have a look at some real
The top 10 reasons given to PTC (Personal Tax Consultants) President Neel
Roberts for clients not filing taxes:
10. I am too young
9. I don't make enough money
8. I am dead
7. I don't have all my information; I think my dog ate some
6. I will get to it someday, I have other priorities right now,
and I'm too busy!
5. I think I owe too much money
4. I think they owe me money, so the longer I wait the more they
will owe me
3. Maybe they will forget about me
2. I thought my wife did it this year;
And the number one reason people have not filed taxes in Canada is:
1. You mean I have to pay taxes in this country -- I did not know this
Most of the reasons Canadians file late (or not at all) is due to
misunderstanding of the requirements for income earning citizens. We have
identified some important information for Canadian taxes payers to ensure they
are compliant with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Neel Roberts is the
President of PTC (Personal Tax Consultants) -- his firm has done thousands of
returns for Canadians and he specialized in late filers.
He is available for interviews or can provide prepared information that
can be cut and pasted for an instant story!
Media Contact: Alan McLaren, Infinity Communications Inc.
For further information:
For further information: Alan McLaren of Infinity Communications Inc.,
1-866-841-2992, email@example.com, for PTC Canada