Support Helps Ontario Tourism Operators Generate More Visits and Spending
TORONTO, Aug. 26, 2015 /CNW/ - The Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation (OTMPC) is recognizing the importance of tourism industry operators by providing $1.2 million to support thirteen marketing campaigns representing eight regions across Ontario.
The Tourism Industry Partners Program (TIPP) works with consortiums in the tourism industry to develop and implement innovative and co-operative projects targeting out-of-province markets. The projects contribute to developing Ontario as a year-round destination, increasing overnight stays and improving the economy through increased tourism spending. This investment supplemented partner investments of $2.68M. Effective marketing campaigns strengthen and extend Ontario's brand image and help showcase the province as a dynamic travel destination.
"Ontario is home to world-class destinations and experiences and I'm proud that our government has invested in tourism campaigns that increase awareness of all Ontario has to offer. Our continued investment in these targeted, innovative programs creates jobs, builds local economies and helps establish Ontario as a preferred global destination."
– Honourable Michael Coteau, Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport
"Attracting more visitors from beyond our borders results in increased visitor spending, this is a key reason for the Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation to support Ontario's tourism operators through programs like the Tourism Industry Partners Program. Effective partnerships and targeted marketing influences trip-planning decisions and showcases the myriad of experiences Ontario has to offer."
– Ronald Holgerson, President and CEO, Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation
- Since 2004, TIPP has provided over $6.9 million in funding to consortia in support of 160 campaigns.
- TIPP funding is directed at partnerships consisting of three or more consortia and is supporting marketing campaigns that occur between April 1, 2015 and March 31, 2016.
- Tourism is an important economic driver. 2012 figures indicate that tourism supported over 359,400 jobs and generated $28 billion for Ontario's economy.
- Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation is an agency of the Government of Ontario with a vision to position Ontario as a preferred global destination.
- See a list of the successful 2015 Tourism Industry Partners Program recipients.
- Learn more about OTMPC, its programs and partnership opportunities.
If you do not wish to receive electronic messages regarding OTMPC news, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org indicating "unsubscribe".
SOURCE Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation
For further information: Enza Chiappetta, (A) Corporate Communications Manager, OTMPC, 416-314-6590, email@example.com, 10 Dundas Street East, Suite 900, Toronto, Ontario M7A 2A1