ST. JOHN'S, April 21 /CNW/ - Experts in communications will come together
to present at the, "Newfoundland & Labrador Communications Forum," in St.
John's on April 27 & 28, 2009.
This forum is supported by the Newfoundland & Labrador Chapters of both
the International Association of Business Communicators and the Canadian
Public Relations Society, as well as CNW Group. It's a must attend for
Newfoundland & Labrador communications professionals.
All CPRS and IABC members (from all cities) receive a discount.
The forum is fortunate to have as chair Karen M. McCarthy, BPR, M.Ed.,
Vice-President, Communications, m5 marketing communications/m5 Public
Topics and speakers include:
- Social Media and 'Web 2.0': Practical Strategies
Kevin McCann, Grassroots Enterprise, Washington, D.C.
- Issues Management - A Lottery Industry Case Study
Paula Dyke, Atlantic Lottery Corporation
- Investor Relations in a Time of Crisis
Chris Flanagan, MBA, 48 Degrees Inc.
Investor Relations and Business Communications Consulting
- Wellington County: Proud To Be One Of Canada's Top 100 Employers
Andrea Ravensdale, County of Wellington
- Media Savvy Can be Taught: Media Training for your organization
Jay Averill, Stantec (Edmonton)
- Using the Excellence Model to Evaluate Your Communications Function
Glenna Cross, ABC, MC, Cross Wise Communications Ltd. (Calgary)
- Are We There Yet? A Look At The Ever Emerging Profession Of Public
Sean Kelly B.A., B.Ed. APR, Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Offshore
Optional Post-Conference Workshops:
A. Negotiation Skills for Communicators
Carey Patterson, Onward Strategies Inc. (Calgary)
B. Communicating in a Multi-Generational Workplace
Glenna Cross, ABC, Master Communicator, Cross Wise Communications Ltd.
For the complete agenda please visit:
For further information:
For further information: please call SummersDirect Conference and Events
at 1-866-869-7969 for further details