ST. JOHN'S, Feb. 17 /CNW/ - Experts in communications will come together
to present at the, "Newfoundland & Labrador Communications Forum," in St.
John's on April 27 & 28, 2009.
This forum is supported by the Newfoundland & Labrador Chapters of both
the International Association of Business Communicators and the Canadian
Public Relations Society, as well as CNW Group. It's a must attend for
Newfoundland & Labrador communications professionals.
Early bird ends March 20, 2009. Take advantage of these savings today
before you forget! All CPRS and IABC members (from all cities) receive an
The forum is fortunate to have as chair Karen M. McCarthy, BPR, M.Ed.,
Vice-President, Communications, m5 marketing communications/m5 Public
Topics and speakers include:
- Social Media and 'Web 2.0': Practical Strategies
Kevin McCann, Grassroots Enterprise, Washington, D.C.
- Issues Management - A Lottery Industry Case Study
Paula Dyke, Atlantic Lottery Corporation
- Investor Relations in a Time of Crisis
Chris Flanagan, MBA, 48 Degrees Inc.
Investor Relations and Business Communications Consulting
- Wellington County: Proud To Be One Of Canada's Top 100 Employers
Andrea Ravensdale, County of Wellington
- Media Savvy Can be Taught: Media Training for your organization
Jay Averill, Stantec (Edmonton)
- Using the Excellence Model to Evaluate Your Communications Function
Glenna Cross, ABC, MC, Cross Wise Communications Ltd. (Calgary)
- Are We There Yet? A Look At The Ever Emerging Profession Of Public
Sean Kelly B.A., B.Ed. APR, Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Offshore
Optional Post-Conference Workshops:
A. Negotiation Skills for Communicators
Carey Patterson, Onward Strategies Inc. (Calgary)
B. Communicating in a Multi-Generational Workplace
Glenna Cross, ABC, Master Communicator, Cross Wise Communications Ltd.
For the complete agenda please visit:
Or please call SummersDirect Conference and Events at 1-866-869-7969 for
For further information:
For further information: SummersDirect Conference and Events at