PARKSVILLE, BC, June 18 /CNW/ - This Saturday, June 21, 2008, five brand
new luxury condominiums in Parksville, BC will be sold to the highest bidders
- regardless of price - at an unreserved auction in Greater Vancouver. The
condos are the last five remaining new units in the Onyx at Craig Bay in
Parksville. Interested buyers can inspect the condos and pre-register for the
auction during the final open house this Friday, June 20, from 1 - 4 p.m.
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (NYSE and TSX: RBA) will conduct the unreserved
auction on Saturday, June 21 at the River Rock Casino Resort in Richmond, BC.
Interested buyers can also bid in person at the Tigh-Na-Mara Resort in
Parksville or the Deerfoot Inn in Calgary, AB, where live auction simulcasts
will be held on Saturday, or live and in real time over the internet. The
auction will be completely unreserved, with no minimum bids or reserve prices.
Every condo will be sold to the highest bidder on Saturday, regardless of
price. Prior to the auction, Ritchie Bros. will hold free auction-buying
seminars for registered bidders at all three bidding locations (River Rock
Casino, Tigh-Na-Mara Resort and Deerfoot Inn).
"Selling real estate by auction is commonplace in many parts of the world
but it's relatively unheard of in Canada, which is why we're conducting
auction-buying seminars for everyone who registers to bid in Saturday's
auction," said Kieran Holm, Ritchie Bros. Regional Manager. "If you're looking
for recreational property on Vancouver Island, register to bid in this
weekend's auction - even if you've never attended an auction before.
Registration is free and bidding is easy. Don't miss this once-in-a-lifetime
opportunity to buy your dream home or vacation property. All five luxury
Parksville condos will be sold to the highest bidders on Saturday, regardless
OPEN HOUSE - PARKSVILLE CONDOS
- 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Friday, June 20, 2008
- Location: Onyx at Craig Bay, 1325 Cape Cod Drive, Parksville, BC
- Auction date: Saturday, June 21, 2008
- Registration starts: 11:00 a.m. Pacific (12 noon Mountain)
- Auction-buying seminars: 12:00 p.m. Pacific (1 p.m. Mountain)
- Auction start time: 1:00 p.m. Pacific (2:00 p.m. Mountain)
- Registration to bid is open to the public and free.
FOUR WAYS TO BID
- In person at the River Rock Casino Resort (8811 River Road, Richmond,
- In person at the Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort (1155 Resort Drive,
- In person at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino (1000, 11500 - 35 Street SE,
- Live and in real time over the internet using the Ritchie Bros.
online bidding service rbauctionBid-Live
For more information about the properties or the auction, contact the
Ritchie Bros. Real Estate Auction Division at 877.675.LAND (5263) or visit the
Ritchie Bros. web site at www.rbauction.com/property/2008198_vancouver_bc.
About Ritchie Bros.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. is the world's largest auctioneer of
industrial equipment, operating through over 110 locations in more than
25 countries around the world. The Company sells, through unreserved public
auctions, a broad range of used and unused industrial assets, including
equipment, trucks and other assets utilized in the construction,
transportation, material handling, mining, forestry, petroleum, marine, real
estate, and agricultural industries. The Company maintains a web site at
For further information:
For further information: Kieran Holm, Regional Manager - Real Estate
Auction Division, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Cell: (817) 372-7219; Or Kim
Schulz, Corporate Communications Manager, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Cell:
(604) 788-5379 or email: email@example.com