WATERLOO, ON, April 22 /CNW/ - Canadians can join hands with the
<a href="http://www.meningitis.ca/en/index.shtml">Meningitis Research Foundation of Canada</a> and others around the globe to raise
awareness of meningitis and septicaemia by mapping their location and name on
our virtual '<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=115919095994558639959.0004674a547a8a9d96bbf&z=4">World Meningitis Day Interactive Map</a>'
Meningitis and septicaemia kill and maim children, young people and
adults the world over. This disease has no boundaries based on wealth, colour,
creed or country.
Raise your voices for:
- ACCESS to information for everyone on the early recognition of signs
and symptoms and the actions to take. Bacterial Meningitis is a
- ACCESS to the available vaccines - there are vaccines against
pneumococcal meningitis and some strains of meningococcal meningitis.
- FUNDING for research and development of vaccines.
- QUALITY CARE and support for all children and families who have
already been affected for as long as they need it.
For further information:
For further information: Kathryn Blain, Chair, MRFC, Phone or Fax -
(519) 664-0244 or Toll-free 1-800-643-1303, firstname.lastname@example.org; Dr. Ronald
Gold, Senior Medical Advisor, MRFC, (416) 693-4227, email@example.com;
Mike Redfearn, Executive Assistant, MRFC, Cell, (519) 503-5410,