TORONTO, Jan. 9 /CNW/ - Media are invited to a preview on Sunday, January
11, 2009, as Loblaw kicks-off the New Year with the launch of its "Please
Respect the Environment" campaign aimed at reducing plastic shopping bags.
The event is to highlight that starting Monday, January 12, 2009, Loblaw
stores in Toronto will no longer provide complimentary plastic shopping bags
at check-out and will charge $0.05 per plastic bag and to share how Loblaw
will help customers transition away from plastic shopping bags.
WHAT: "Please Respect the Environment" Media Preview Event
WHO: LOBLAW COMPANIES LIMITED
- Roland Boudreau, Executive Vice-President, Ontario Operations
- Andrew Iaobucci, Executive Vice-President, Central Operations
- Craig Hutchison, Senior Vice-President, Marketing
- Andre Fortier, Vice-President, Operations, Greater Toronto
- Claudio Gemmiti, Vice-President, HBC, Household and GREEN
- Inge van den Berg, Vice-President, Public Affairs and
- Gerald Butts, President and CEO, WWF-Canada
WHERE: Loblaw Supermarket, 10 Lower Jarvis Street, Toronto, Ontario
WHEN: Sunday, January 11, 2009, from 11:00 to 12:00 p.m.
- Remarks at 11:15 a.m.
PARKING: Please park in lower lot (south west side) and enter the store
through the west entrance doors, travel past the flower shop and
up the escalator
For further information:
For further information: or to RSVP, please contact: Julija Hunter, Sr.
Director, Loblaw Companies Limited, (905) 459-2500 ext. 6078, or