Who has Toronto's loudest voice against child abuse?
TORONTO, Oct. 2 /CNW/ -
WHAT: Stand Up for Kids Award and Use Your Voice Challenge
First, Mayor David Miller will present the fifth annual
Stand Up for Kids Award to a local leader who has shown an
exceptional commitment to protecting vulnerable children from
abuse and neglect.
Then, the Mayor, local media personalities and the public will
use their voices against child abuse at the second annual
Use Your Voice Challenge happening at the Toronto Eaton Centre.
This friendly challenge involves speaking as loudly as possible
into a decibel-measurement device to determine who has
Toronto's loudest voice! Besides the bragging rights, the
winner will take away a trophy in recognition of their
Please join us for this exciting initiative in honour of a good
cause. All media participants are welcome to try! Use your
voice to help stop child abuse.
- Toronto Mayor David Miller
- Mary Juric, Director of Service, Catholic Children's Aid
Society of Toronto
- Stand Up for Kids Award recipient Dr. Michael Irving
- M.J. DeSousa, Vice President & Chief Audiologist,
- Toronto-area media personalities, including:
- Carolyn MacKenzie, Global News Anchor, Global TV
- Pooja Handa, Traffic Reporter, Global TV
- Jill Dempsey, Host, CBC's Metro Morning
- And many more!
WHEN: Tuesday October 2nd, 2007
The Stand Up for Kids Award will be presented at 12:30 p.m.,
followed by the Use Your Voice Challenge
WHERE: Trinity Square, Eaton Centre (by Dundas entrance)
Come out to see who has Toronto's loudest voice!
For further information:
For further information: RSVP: Argyle Communications, Kyla Thoms, (416)
968-7311 x237, Ashley Ballantyne x231, firstname.lastname@example.org,
email@example.com; Event day contact: Kyla Thoms, (416)