TORONTO, June 21 /CNW/ -
- Mark Wilson, Chair, Waterfront Toronto
- Hon. John Baird, Minister of the Environment and federal
Minister responsible for the Toronto Waterfront Revitalization
- Hon. David Caplan, Minister of Public Infrastructure Renewal
- Mayor David Miller, City of Toronto
- Brian Denney, CAO, Toronto and Region Conservation (TRCA)
- Cindy Wilkey, Chair, West Don Lands Committee
WHAT: Representatives from Waterfront Toronto, the three governments,
TRCA and members of the community will take part in an event
officially marking the start of construction of the berm and Don
River Park, as part of West Don Lands revitalization.
The construction of this berm will alleviate the risk of flooding,
which previously prevented development in this area. Don River
Park will be built on top of the berm and will be the cornerstone
public space for the new West Don Lands community.
West Don Lands is the first new waterfront neighbourhood being
developed as part of waterfront revitalization.
Monday, June 25, 2007
West Don Lands Site
(Entrance off of Bayview, south of King St; parking is available
If you are traveling to the event by TTC, exit the King or Queen
streetcar at River Street.
For further information:
For further information: Media contacts: Kristin Jenkins, Waterfront
Toronto, (416) 214-1479; Eric Richer, Environment Canada, (819) 997-1441; Amy
Tang, Ontario Ministry of Public Infrastructure Renewal, Minister's Office,
(416) 325-4048; Don Wanagas, City of Toronto, Mayor's Office (416) 338-7134