WEST VANCOUVER, March 25 /CNW/ - Vancouver Canucks forward Mason Raymond will blend two popular sports - hockey and running - when he 'drops the puck' in a ceremonial face-off with representatives of 28 local charities to launch this year's Scotiabank Group Charity Challenge and mark the countdown to the 12th Annual Scotiabank Vancouver Half Marathon & 5K on Sunday, June 27, 2010.
WHAT: As Honorary Chair of the Scotiabank Group Charity Challenge,
Mason will team up with representatives of the 28 official
charities, local minor hockey players from the North Shore
Winter Club and members of the community for a friendly pick-up
road hockey game to encourage the public to 'run for the sake
of others' at the Scotiabank Vancouver Half Marathon & 5K.
Scotiabank will also host a charity BBQ to raise funds for all
the official charities participating in this year's Charity
- NHL player Mason Raymond, Vancouver Canucks forward
& Scotiabank Group Charity Challenge Honorary Chair
- Representatives for the 28 official Scotiabank Group Charity
- North Shore Winter Club minor hockey team players
- Clifton Cunningham, Race Director, Scotiabank Vancouver Half
Marathon & 5K
- Rob Wilkins, Scotiabank District Vice President, Downtown
Vancouver and Northern B.C. District
WHERE: Scotiabank Park Royal
955 Park Royal South, West Vancouver
WHEN: Monday, March 29, 2010
2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- 2:00 p.m. - Remarks
- 2:30 p.m. - Official 'puck drop' to kick off pick-up road
- 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. - Autograph signing with Mason Raymond
WHY: In its 11-year history, the Scotiabank Vancouver Half Marathon
has raised $1.2 million for local charities. This year, the
Scotiabank Group Charity Challenge expands to include a record
28 community charities.
SOURCE Scotiabank - Sponsorships & Donations
For further information: For further information: Michelle Cobb, Scotiabank Public Affairs, (778) 327-5451, cell (778) 668-2995 or firstname.lastname@example.org