QUEBEC CITY, Feb. 5 /CNW Telbec/ - Six sailors from Her Majesty's
Canadian Ship (HMCS), based in Halifax, are in Quebec city to train for the
Carnaval's canoe race and maintain relationships with the population.
- Meet the crew members as they will train February 7 at 11h30 at the
- Further more the crew will give to la Maison l'Auberivière a check of
$250.00 Thursday Feb 7 at 15h30 and will be part of the service team
for the supper at la Maison l'Auberivière.
Did you know? :
- The insigna and the motto of HMCS Ville de Québec are the same as the
- The main gangway, onboard the ship, is called La Rue du Trésor.
- The ship's officer wear la ceinture fléchée of the Carnaval when
dressed in mess kit.
- The officer's mess is named after Le Château Frontenac.
HMCS Ville de Québec is a HALIFAX class frigate, designed and built in
Lévis. Modern and well-equipped, these ships are designed to act independently
or as part of a larger force. These long-range multiple-role warships are the
workhorses of the fleet. The greater part of HMCS Ville de Québec's crew is
formed of French-speaking Canadians, many of whom come from Quebec. Ship's
For further information:
For further information: Note to the editors: To meet the team or
information, please contact Lieutenant Jocelyn Laroche, (418) 694-5560 ext.
5392 or Captain Jean-Pierre Turcotte, (418)694-5560 ext 5670