HALIFAX, Aug. 20 /CNW/ -
Event: Nuts4Ribs - Canada's only ribfest to raise awareness around
testicular cancer and men's health issues - will have an
entertaining line-up of musical guests and activities on
Saturday, August 23, 2008. Activities include:
- Ron Foxcroft, top 10 Canadian entrepreneur to provide
motivational message to festival guests (12:00-12:30 p.m.)
- Premier Rodney MacDonald to welcome guests and perform his
music live on stage with Cape Breton artist Aaron MacDonald
- Harley Owners Group Show n' Shine (1:00-3:00 p.m.)
- 2nd Annual VH Sauce Cojones Cook-Off (4:00-5:30 p.m.)
- 1st Annual Investors Group Rib-Eating Contest (5:45 p.m.)
Date: Saturday, August 23, 2008
Location: DeWolfe Park, Bedford, Nova Scotia (Off Convoy Run).
Ron Foxcroft will be available for interviews after his presentation.
Rib-eating contestants will have seven minutes to devour a 3lb tray of
ribs. The top three will then move on to a three-minute championship round.
The event is open for photo opportunities, and all contestants will be
available for interviews after the competition.
For further information:
For further information: Michael Kydd, Executive Director, Nuts4Ribs,