TORONTO, June 24 /CNW/ - The demolition scheduled for Monday, June 25,
2007 has been postponed. Wind conditions are not right.
The demolition company will re-evaluate conditions on Monday and OPG will
issue an update as soon as we have further information.
Please continue to monitor CNW Group for updates.
Safety and security remain the priorities of this project.
- Wind conditions must be right for the demolition to occur. If they
are not, the demolition will be delayed, by minutes, hours or days,
until conditions are right.
- The Lakeview Generating Station site is secured and will not be
available for visits before or after the event.
- There is a 500 metre exclusion zone surrounding the station
- There is a two (2) kilometre exclusion zone out into Lake Ontario
from the station
For further information:
For further information: Ontario Power Generation, Media Relations,
(416) 592-4008 or 1-877-592-4008