VICTORIA, BC, June 24 /CNW Telbec/ - The Canadian Paediatric Society's
85th Annual Conference features the latest research on child and youth health
including 138 scientific research abstracts.
Scientific abstracts cover several areas including: adolescent medicine,
cardiovascular/respiratory medicine, community paediatrics, critical
care/NICU, developmental/behavioural paediatrics, emergency, epidemiology,
infectious diseases, injury prevention, and neonatology/perinatology.
Among the abstracts being presented are the following:
- No.12 The incidence of Kernicterus in Canada 2007 - 2009
- No.54 Pediatric profile of disability in British Columbia
- No.66 Suicide in Manitoba children and youth: Recent trends
- No.70 How many male infants get circumcised in Canada - and why?
- No.78 The changing incidence of meningococcal invasive infections
across Canada, IMPACT 2002-2006
- No.79 Predictors of screen time in 3 year old children: The media use
in preschooler study
- No.80 Childhood obesity: Do school-based physical activity
interventions work? A systematic review
- No.112 Sexuality: A taboo topic with adolescents?
- No.133 Prevalence of sleep environment risk factors for Sudden Infant
Death: A population-based study
For a complete listing and details of scientific abstracts being
presented at the conference, e-mail email@example.com or visit
NOTE: Abstracts are under embargo until Tuesday, June 24 at
12:01 a.m. PT. They are being presented throughout the conference. Conference
program provides details and exact times. Interviews with abstract authors can
be arranged June 24 - 28 through on-site media staff.
For further information:
For further information: Media inquiries: (613) 526-9397 ext.247;
On-site in Victoria, June 24 - 28: (613) 850-4868, firstname.lastname@example.org