TORONTO, April 27 /CNW/ -
- They owe money and hope the Canada Revenue Agency won't notice if
they don't file.
- They only had a small amount of income so don't think it's necessary
but in fact, they could qualify for tax credits.
- They were out of the country on holiday at the end of the year and
mistakenly believe that they were not a resident of a province on
- Taxpayers originally from the United States who think that only one
spouse has to file since it is possible to file jointly in the U.S.
- Some people engaged in illegal activities don't understand that they
are supposed to pay income tax on their illegal profits.
- They know that someone has a lien on their tax refund such as an
unpaid student loan or unpaid support payments to ex-spouse.
A local H&R Block tax professional can talk about excuses Canadians give
for not filing a tax return.
About H&R Block Canada
H&R Block Canada has been preparing taxes for more than 40 years and is
Canada's leading tax preparation firm. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, the
company serves Canadian taxpayers in more than 1,100 offices across the
country. H&R Block Canada Inc. is a subsidiary of H&R Block, Inc., a
diversified company with subsidiaries providing a wide range of financial
products and services. Additional information about H&R Block Canada is
available at 1-800-HRBLOCK or visit www.hrblock.ca for more tax tips.
For further information:
For further information: Tina Quelch, Calador Communications, (416)