VANCOUVER, April 23 /CNW/ - The Health Sciences Association of BC (HSA)
will kick off its 38th annual convention Friday, April 24, 2009 at the
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, 900 West Georgia Street.
A Vision for Change is the theme of this year's convention, as delegates
consider a number of resolutions to set priorities for the union's future. HSA
is pleased to host keynote speaker Carole James, Leader of the Opposition.
Highlights of the convention include:
Friday, April 24
- 9:20 a.m. Reid Johnson, President, Health Sciences Association of BC
- 11:00 a.m. Keynote address by Carole James, Leader, BC New Democratic
- 1:00 p.m. Jim Sinclair, President, BC Federation of Labour
Saturday, April 25
- 9:00 a.m. Election of HSA President
- 12:00 noon Panel discussion on health and social costs of poverty,
with special guest Seth Klein, Director, Canadian Centre for Policy
Alternatives - BC Office
- 1:15 p.m. David Rice, Regional Director, Canadian Labour Congress -
- 1:45 p.m. Larry Brown, Secretary-Treasurer, National Union of Public
and General Employees
(xx) Media registration will take place in the foyer of the British
Columbia Ballroom. Convention proceedings begin at 9:00 am daily.
For further information:
For further information: Miriam Sobrino, Director of Communications,