LONDON, ON, March 1 /CNW Telbec/ - Members of the Federation of Canadian
Municipalities' National Board of Directors will meet the women of the
Canadian National Rowing Team tomorrow for a friendly dry-land competition at
the London Rowing Club.
The FCM members are in London for their Board of Directors meeting and
will be available to media following the competition to discuss the need for
more support for recreational infrastructure.
The rowers attending are all members of the Canadian National Rowing Team
heavyweight women's training group, which includes Olympians and current World
Champions. The women train in London, Ont., and row on Lake Fanshawe during
the season, under the guidance of Rowing Canada Aviron's Carsten Hassing,
senior women's coach, and Al Morrow, national women's development coach. They
are using the indoor facilities at the London Rowing Club as part of their
winter training program.
FCM Board members expected to attend include:
- Councillor Harold Usher, London, Ont.
- FCM Acting President Gord Steeves, Winnipeg, Man.
- Mayor Pat Fiacco, Regina, Sask.
- Councillor Louise Poirier, Gatineau, Que.
- FCM First Vice-President Jean Perrault, Sherbrooke, Que.
- Mayor Frank Leonard, Saanich, B.C.
- Councillor Jeff McConnell, Virden, Man.
- WHAT: FCM Board Members meet the women of the Canadian National Rowing
- WHEN: Friday, March 2, 2007, 6:50 - 8:00 a.m. at the latest
- WHERE: 199 Wonderland Road, London, Ont., south of Oxford Ave by the
Guy Lombardo Bridge and museum. Entrance to the training room is
at the south end of the facility
For further information:
For further information: Maurice Gingues, (613) 907-6395; Robert Ross,