Date and time remain subject to change
TORONTO, June 25 /CNW/ - The demolition scheduled for Monday June 25,
2007 has been postponed and will not occur on either Monday or Tuesday. Wind
conditions are not right.
The demolition company will re-evaluate conditions on a daily basis and
OPG will issue an update as soon as we have further information.
Please continue to monitor CNW Group for updates.
Safety and security remain the priorities of this project. Once a new time
and date are set:
- Wind conditions must be right for the demolition to occur. If they
are not, the demolition will be delayed, by minutes, hours or days,
until conditions are right.
- The Lakeview Generating Station site is secured and will not be
available for media visits before or after the event.
- There is a 500 metre exclusion zone surrounding the station.
- There is a two (2) kilometre exclusion zone out into Lake Ontario
from the station.
For further information:
For further information: Ontario Power Generation, Media Relations,
(416) 592-4008 or 1-877-592-4008