Date: Morning of Monday, January 4, 2016
Location: Province-wide for British Columbia including all municipalities
VICTORIA, Dec. 30, 2015 /CNW/ -
Media Information and Interviews:
- BC Assessment will issue regional news releases on Monday, January 4, 2016 with highlights of 2016 property assessment changes in local communities.
- All news releases, as well as statistics and general information about the 2016 Assessments, will be posted on bcassessment.ca on January 4 and can be accessed by selecting the Property Information & Trends tab at the top of the page.
- The website will also list the 2016 Top Valued Residential Properties for all of British Columbia as well as by regional breakdown.
- For interviews, starting January 4, contact the designated Assessor or Deputy Assessor media contact listed on the local news release.
- As B.C.'s trusted, go-to provider of property information, BC Assessment collects, monitors and analyzes property data throughout the year.
- Over two million property owners will receive their 2016 property assessment notice by mail in early January.
- Starting in January, the public can use the free, newly-enhanced e-valueBC search tool at bcassessment.ca to compare their 2016 property assessment to others. The public can also search, check and compare 2016 property assessments for any property within the province.
- The mandate of BC Assessment, a provincial Crown corporation, is to establish and maintain uniform property assessments throughout British Columbia in accordance with the Assessment Act.
- The Act requires that BC Assessment produce annual assessments, listing property information and market values as of July 1 (i.e. 2016 assessments are based on market values as of July 1, 2015).
- BC Assessment's assessment information provides the foundation for local and provincial taxing authorities to raise approximately $7 billion in property taxes each year. This revenue funds the many community services provided by local governments around the province, including the public school system.
SOURCE BC Assessment
For further information: Website: www.bcassessment.ca