TORONTO, Sept. 18 /CNW/ - Media wishing to cover the party leaders'
debates in Ottawa at the National Arts Centre on October 1 & 2, 2008 must be
SPACE IS LIMITED and only accredited media will be admitted to the media
- Beginning Thursday, September 18, 2008, media can apply for
accreditation by faxing or e-mailing their request to Terry Guillon
at (613) 947-2007, or to Guillt@parl.gc.ca.
- Non-members of the Parliamentary Press Gallery will be required to
present a letter from their employer (publication or station)
confirming their assignment.
- The deadline to apply for accreditation is noon, Friday,
September 26, 2008.
- Media passes will be available for pick up on-site at the National
Arts Centre (53 Elgin Street, Ottawa) on October 1, beginning at
9:00 a.m. ET.
- SPACE IS LIMITED, but tables and chairs will be provided.
- The room will be available to media from 9:00 a.m. ET on Wednesday,
October 1, 2008.
- Large-screen television sets will be installed for viewing of the
- Audio feeds will be provided and translation will be available.
- Media must make their own arrangements for telephone and data
transmission lines. Please inform Tom Dinsmore
(firstname.lastname@example.org), Alex Gazale (email@example.com), and
Terry Guillon (firstname.lastname@example.org) of your arrangements via email.
On Wednesday, October 1, and Thursday, October 2, 2008, only accredited
media will be admitted to the following areas:
- Site for photographs of the leaders' arrival;
- Media room;
- Site set-up for photo-op before the start of the debates;
- Site set-up for the scrums following the debates.
Only the designated Canadian Press and Reuters photographers may take
photographs in the studio where the debates are being held.
A short photo opportunity with the party leaders will be held on set prior
to the debates on Wednesday, October 1, 2008, and on Thursday, October 2,
Access for radio and television services
Radio and television stations wishing to broadcast the debates must submit
an application to obtain the rights from the Broadcasting Consortium. Please
contact Tom Dinsmore at 416.205.2830, or at email@example.com
Broadcast of debate clips is subject to the broadcasters' protocol. The
embargo on use of clips by broadcasters that are not a part of the broadcast
consortium will be in force until the end of each night's debate.
Broadcasters wishing to park microwave or satellite trucks at the National
Arts Centre must contact Tom Dinsmore at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information:
For further information: Jason MacDonald, Broadcasting Consortium, (416)