Thursday, September 17th Calgary
Open Access, Free Pool Feed
TORONTO, Sept 9, 2015 /CNW/ -
An in-depth debate on the economy with Conservative Leader, Stephen Harper, NDP Leader, Thomas Mulcair, and Liberal Leader, Justin Trudeau. Moderated by David Walmsley, Editor-in-Chief of The Globe and Mail.
Thursday, September 17, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM (MST)
The Palomino Room, Stampede Park, Calgary, Alberta
4:00 p.m. (MST) - MEDIA ARRIVAL AND CHECK IN
- All media must contact Christian Darbyshire at email@example.com for media accreditation
- Enter BMO Center Main Entrance off of 12th Avenue S.W.
- Cameras/Broadcasters. Media Risers Available
- Print. Reserved Section.
- Media room. Will be available for media that show up late to watch debate on TV.
- No entry into debate room after 5:45pm (MST)
4:00 pm – 4:45 pm (MST) Broadcast Media set-up / shoot any/all stand-ups in Palomino Room
5:15 pm to 5:25 pm (MST) Group Photo Ops with Harper/Mulcair/Trudeau
6:00 pm to 6:15 pm (MST) Pre-Show hosted by The Globe's Jane Taber
6:15 pm to 7:45 pm (MST) Globe and Mail Leaders' Debate 2015
7:45 pm to 7:50 pm (MST) Media Exit to Scrum Area
7:50 pm – 8:00 pm (MST) Media Scrum
Additional Information For Media On-Site:
- Media are required to present proper photo identification for entry into event.
- Media will be allowed to set up inside studio or outside in separate media room.
- Debate will take place in a closed studio. No entry or exit once debate has begun.
- Broadcast Cameras can begin set up in event room between 4:00 pm and 4:45 pm.
- Broadcasters/Cameras/Videographers are only permitted to plug into the production's live VIDEO/AUDIO pool feed.
- All other media must be set up within the debate room by 5:30pm MST.
- Any media that arrive after 5:45pm MST will be invited to watch live feed in a separate media room.
- The debate will also be livestreamed on GLOBEANDMAIL.COM, YouTube and broadcast by CPAC in English and French.
- YouTube video to embed is free to all media. For embed code, please email Christian Darbyshire at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Media are asked to bring their own devices and headphones.
- No flash photography.
- No movement in studio once debate has begun.
- Media will be able to plug into live video and audio feed on site at no fee.
- Seating is granted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Format & Schedule
The first half of the 90-minute debate will focus on six critical economic areas: Jobs, Energy and the Environment, Infrastructure, Housing and Taxation, as well as a sixth topic to be determined by Globe journalists through feedback from voters across Canada. The second half will focus on each leader's economic vision for the country.
The event will also include pre-show and post-show panel discussions that will provide viewers with analysis, context and commentary from some of the finest political and economic observers in the country. Both panels will be hosted by Jane Taber, who has spent 25 years covering Canadian politics and, for six years, was the co-host of CTV's Question Period, an hour-long political-affairs program.
SOURCE Globe and Mail
For further information: For media accreditation and/or questions please contact: Christian Darbyshire / Andy McCreath, TINEPUBLIC INC., Email: email@example.com, Phone: 416-419-9953