Majority of Executives Believe They Can Outperform Their Boss, Global Korn/Ferry Survey Finds



    
    - Nearly Two Out of Every Three Executives Aspire to Obtain Their Boss'
Job
    -
    

    LOS ANGELES, June 4 /CNW/ -- Nearly three-quarters (73 percent) of
executives believe they can perform their boss' job better than their current
manager, according to the latest Executive Quiz from Korn/Ferry International
(NYSE:   KFY), a premier global provider of talent management solutions.
Moreover, nearly two-thirds (65 percent) of executives surveyed indicated that
they aspire to attain their boss' job.
    Nevertheless, when asked to rate their boss' performance, the largest
percentage of executives (42 percent) marked it as either "excellent" or
"above average," while another 23 percent cited it as "average."  Fourteen
percent of executives ranked their boss' performance as "below average" and 11
percent deemed it "poor."
    Additionally, when asked if they trust their boss, almost two-thirds of
executives (65 percent) indicated that they did, while the other 35 percent
said they did not.
    "These results suggest that many of today's executives are feeling
'underemployed' -- or in other words, that their employers are not making full
use of their backgrounds and abilities," said Bob Damon, president, North
America for Korn/Ferry.  "The secret for companies is to identify their high
potentials and give them strategic developmental opportunities in order to
keep them challenged and satisfied, and best leverage their drive and
ambition."

    
    Methodology
    
    The Korn/Ferry International Executive Quiz is based on a global survey
of executives registered within the firm's online Executive Center,
ekornferry.com. Respondents from more than 70 countries, representing a wide
spectrum of industries and functional areas, participated in the most recent
Executive Quiz in March 2007.

    
    About Korn/Ferry International
    
    Korn/Ferry International, with more than 70 offices in 40 countries, is a
premier global provider of talent management solutions. Based in Los Angeles,
the firm delivers an array of solutions that help clients to identify, deploy,
develop, retain and reward their talent.  For more information on the
Korn/Ferry International family of companies, visit www.kornferry.com.





For further information:

For further information: Asia Pacific, Shireen Nisha, + 65 6231 6123, 
shireen.nisha@kornferry.com, or EMEA, Maggie Habib, +1-310-556-8532, 
maggie.habib@kornferry.com, both of Korn/Ferry International; or North 
America, Amy Jaick, +1-212-576-2700, ajaick@goodmanmedia.com, for Korn/Ferry 
International; or South America, Marcel Dellabarba, + 55 11 3017 5300, 
marcel.dellabarba@edelman.com, for Korn/Ferry International Web Site:
http://www.kornferry.com

Organization Profile

KORN/FERRY INTERNATIONAL

More on this organization


Custom Packages

Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.

Start today.

CNW Membership

Fill out a CNW membership form or contact us at 1 (877) 269-7890

Learn about CNW services

Request more information about CNW products and services or call us at 1 (877) 269-7890