TORONTO, Oct. 26 /CNW/ - I.E.Canada, the Canadian Association of
Importers and Exporters, is extending a special invitation to all media to
attend the association's 77th Annual Conference and Tradeshow being held from
October 27th - 29th at the Delta Meadowvale Conference Centre at
6750 Mississauga Road.
Of particular interest will be the Monday morning session addressing the
World Economic Credit Crunch. Speakers for this timely session will include
Dr. Avery Shenfeld, Managing Director & Senior Economist, CIBC World Markets,
and Peter Hall, Chief Economist, Export Development Canada. Both men will
discuss the possible solutions to the crisis, the likely outcomes, and how to
capitalize on opportunities to be found during these challenging times.
Other topics at the Conference for October 27th include:
- Strategies and Best Practices for Low Cost Country Sourcing
- Luncheon Keynote: NAFTA - What Lies Ahead for Canada and Mexico?
Speaker: Jeszs Rodriguez Montero, Deputy Director General for
Canada, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mexico
- Ports/Terminal Panel - What Canadian Ports and Terminals are Doing to
Compete in the Global Market
- Trade Finance Options and Strategies for Your Financial and Physical
- The Automotive Presidents' Panel: Driving Innovative Solutions to
Remain Competitive in Today's Global Markets
There will also be a special presentation on Tuesday October 28th on Food
Product Safety featuring Rory McAlpine, Vice President, Government and
Industry Relations, Maple Leaf Foods.
Other high profile speakers include:
- Lindsay Duffield, President & CEO, BMW Canada Inc.
- Her Worship Mayor Hazel McCallion, Mayor, City of Mississauga
- Dennis DesRosiers, President, DesRosiers Automotive Consultants
- Kevin Doherty, President & CEO, Montreal Gateway Terminal
- Captain Alwyn Soppitt, President & CEO, Port of Saint John, NB
A media feed will be available.
For further information:
For further information: or for a pass, contact: Fée Kiessling,
I.E.Canada Representative on Site, At Cell: (416) 953-6248 or at
firstname.lastname@example.org; For a copy of the conference agenda, please visit