VANCOUVER, April 15 /CNW/ - Beginning on May 12, 2009, Expedia.ca will
release the British Columbia results of the 7th annual Vacation
Deprivation(TM) survey which follows the trend of BC residents not taking all
of their vacation time.
This year's survey, which was conducted by Harris/Decima, examines the
impact the current state of the economy has on British Columbians' attitudes
toward vacation time and also looks at the overall barriers BC residents face
in taking a vacation.
Beverly Beuermann-King, stress and wellness specialist, will be in
Vancouver and available for in-person media interviews on Tuesday, May 12,
2009 to provide insight on the following topics:
2009 Canadian Vacation Deprivation(TM) results
- Are British Columbians more vacation deprived than last year?
- What are the barriers BC residents face in taking (and enjoying) time
off from work?
- Are women more vacation deprived then men?
Impact of the Economy on Vacations
- How has the current state of the economy impacted British
Columbians' vacation plans?
- Has the economic downturn led BC residents to downsize their
- Is taking a vacation becoming less important? Find out why British
Columbians need to make time for a getaway now more than ever.
Canada vs. the World
- Where does Canada rank among other vacation deprived countries?
- Who vacations the best? And the worst?
- How do the provinces compare to each other?
Vacation Tips and Trends
- What motivates BC residents to travel?
- Tips on how to make the most of your vacation days.
For further information:
For further information: or to arrange an interview, please contact:
Melissa Legaspi, Edelman Public Relations, (416) 979-1120 ext 272,