KANATA, ON, Feb. 25 /CNW Telbec/ - Intertek Ageus Solutions
(www.ageussolutions.com) offers comprehensive REACH Only Representative
services to provide a mechanism for non-EU companies to comply with REACH
obligations and continue to sell REACH-regulated products in the EU after
December 1, 2008.
Non-EU companies have three choices in order to be compliant with the
1. Engage a European distributor or other "importer of record" to perform
the necessary REACH registration activities.
2. Engage an independent, third-party representative (Only
Representative) to act on their behalf and in their interest with
regard to REACH activities.
3. Stop selling REACH-regulated products into the EU.
REACH Only Representation offers several advantages to non-EU companies:
1. Achieve compliance with the REACH directive and maintain sales
channels in the EU.
2. Protect proprietary compositions and product information that would
otherwise have to be disclosed to a distributor or importer.
3. Avoid dependence on a single distributor. REACH registration will
entail a significant investment in a relationship with a distributor,
who will ultimately retain the registration of the product and require
compensation should the business relationship be terminated.
Intertek Ageus Solutions' extensive experience with EU environmental
legislation and Intertek's expertise in chemical testing, analysis and
certification combine to provide companies with the unique benefit of a
comprehensive Only Representative who can truly represent your company's best
interest throughout the REACH pre-registration, dossier creation, SIEF
(Substance Information Exchange Forum) participation, and registration
processes. Intertek's presence in over 100 countries allows us to support
REACH programs regionally throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
Intertek Ageus Solutions' REACH Only Representative service includes:
- Power of Attorney granted to Intertek, providing a legal presence in
- Notification of importers, according to the requirements of the REACH
- Regional support for companies and branches in North America, Asia, and
- Collection and submission of pre-registration data for a given
- Submission of pre-registration of chemicals for REACH 1907/2006
- A range of consulting support options including
- On-call Q&A support in each region
- Strategic, business, and technical support of a company's internal
- Outsourcing of REACH program to Intertek Ageus Solutions
- Submission of chemical information to the EU and the Substance
Information Exchange Forum (SIEF)
- Representation in the SIEF after pre-registration
The above service is for only representation up to and including
pre-registration, but Intertek Ageus Solutions' Only Representative Service
can be extended through chemical registration.
Extended Representation can include:
- Participation in SIEF, including contact and coordination with SIEF
- Data exchange and evaluation,
- Negotiation with SIEF and Consortium members,
- Submission of registration applications,
- Collection and submission of technical dossiers,
- Creation and submission of safety data sheets,
- Creation and submission of chemical safety reports, (where required)
- Authorization negotiations with ECHA:
- high-level discussions about risk assessments and use of
- notification to the ECHA of quantities of products
manufactured/imported and related risk assessments,
- Communication concerning substances to downstream users.
Intertek Ageus Solutions believes that Only Representation for REACH
should be an unambiguous, transparent, and effective process. Contact us today
to discuss our comprehensive program for REACH Only Representation.
For more information on Intertek Ageus Solutions' Only Representative
service, please visit www.ageussolutions.com/reachonlyrepresentative.php
Intertek is a leading international provider of quality and safety
services to a wide range of global and local industries. Partnership with
Intertek brings increased value to customers' products and processes,
ultimately supporting their success in the global market place. Intertek has
the experience, expertise, resources and global reach to support its customers
through its extensive network of laboratories and offices and over
20,000 people in more than 100 countries around the world.
About Intertek Ageus Solutions
Ageus Solutions, a unit of Intertek Testing Services, is a leader in
global environmental compliance, consulting, technology services and product
stewardship. Intertek Ageus Solutions provides a comprehensive approach to
compliance including on-call consulting, product testing and analysis and
Intertek Ageus Solutions offers compliance services related to chemicals
and materials restrictions (REACH, RoHS, TSCA and California Proposition 65);
electronic products, treatment instructions and e-waste (WEEE, Japan Green);
and by-product waste requirements (including battery, cable and packaging
requirements.) In addition, Intertek Ageus Solutions is the North American
leader in Japan Green, RoHS, WEEE, and China RoHS compliance, providing
manufacturers with the expertise to meet and surmount the challenges presented
by these and other emerging environmental regulations.
Intertek Ageus Solutions has implemented environmental compliance
solutions for hundreds of manufacturers and distributors from across the globe
including Europe, the US, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Israel,
Taiwan and China.
For further information:
For further information: Nicole Cooper, Corporate Communications
Director, Intertek Ageus Solutions, (613) 599-4321, email@example.com;