TORONTO, July 8, 2015 /CNW/ - Human resources professionals say leadership is among the most critical factors for the success of their organizations; yet few believe strongly their company has solid succession planning and leadership development practices in place.
In an ADP-Environics Study, HR professionals cite issues such as culture, employee retention and strategic planning as critical to the success of their organization, but are challenged by increasing workloads and, in some cases, uncertainty about their organization's ability to adapt quickly to the changing needs of the workforce.
Against this challenging backdrop, ADP Canada has introduced ADP Workforce Now® Comprehensive Services, the first end-to-end, turnkey HR outsourcing service of its kind in Canada. The cost-effective and flexible new offering is ideal for medium-sized businesses undergoing rapid growth, and is completely scalable as organizations' needs change.
According to IDC, there is a growing trend towards outsourcing – "Canadian spend on HR Outsourcing Services is forecasted to grow to $2.4 billion in 2016," said Utsav Arora, Senior Research Analyst, Enterprise Applications, IDC Canada.
Increasingly HR professionals are turning to outsourcing to manage workload challenges and to enable their organizations to respond more quickly to workplace changes. "ADP Workforce Now Comprehensive Services was the best solution for us to streamline our operations – so our team can focus on strategy and more value-add work," explains Marco Moreal, Director of Finance at Techtronic Industries Canada Inc.
"Today's workforce expects far more than a paycheque, and this requires strategic people management approaches and tools, particularly within high-growth companies where needs change quickly," said Virginia Brailey, Vice President, Marketing and Strategy for ADP Canada.
"Using ADP Workforce Now Comprehensive Services will free up time for our staff to manage our human capital and performance reporting needs." Moreal added, "We anticipate this solution will create efficiencies across various levels of the organization, better equipping our managers with timely data, and empowering employees."
The New Standard in Workforce Management
ADP Workforce Now Comprehensive Services is a powerful HR solution built on three key pillars —best practices, proven technology and on-demand experts:
- HR Best practices: talent acquisition, career progression, engagement, performance management, rewards and recognition.
- Proven technology: leading-edge technology to help organizations minimize upfront IT investments and effectively manage overall costs of administering multiple HR functions. All systems work together to support compliance needs and processes.
- On-demand expertise: a dedicated ADP relationship manager with a team of experienced professionals is assigned to each customer.
"Companies that excel at employee engagement enjoy higher profits, and we have developed solutions like ADP Workforce Now Comprehensive Services for our clients so they can capitalize on this opportunity," said Brailey. "Today's workforce is complex, dynamic and multi-generational, yet HR professionals are finding themselves confronting 21st Century challenges with 20th Century tools. ADP Workforce Now Comprehensive Services allows mid-sized businesses to function on the level of much larger organizations, at a cost that aligns with budgets of smaller companies," she added.
About the survey:
The survey was fielded by telephone from June 15-19, 2015 among a sample of 100 human resources decision-makers in Canadian companies with 50 and more total employees. A sample of this size yields results that are accurate to within +/- 9.8%, 19 times out of 20.
Survey highlights include:
- Fewer than four in 10 (38%) strongly agree that their company is well-equipped to adapt quickly to the changing needs of the workforce (selecting one of the top 2 boxes on a 7-point scale), and just over one third (35%) of HR professionals strongly view their company as a market leader in leveraging workforce data and insights to make strategic decisions vs. others in their market.
- When asked to choose between several HR issues, "culture and employee retention" was most commonly selected as being the most- or second-most critical factor to the success of their organization, followed by "leadership development". Despite this, only 35% strongly agree that their company is a market leader in focusing on human capital vs. others in their market, and just one third (33%) strongly believe their company has strong succession planning and leadership development.
- 72% strongly agree that HR professionals are faced with handling an increasing workload.
About ADP Canada
ADP Canada Co. is a leading provider of human capital management, payroll and benefits solutions that power organizations to drive business success. More than 45,000 businesses across Canada trust ADP to help them succeed. For more information about ADP Canada or to contact a local ADP Canada sales office, call us at 1 866-228-9675, visit us at adp.ca or follow us on Twitter @ADP_CDA.
Employers around the world rely on ADP® (NASDAQ: ADP) for cloud-based solutions and services to help manage their most important asset -- their people. From human resources and payroll to talent management to benefits administration, ADP brings unmatched depth and expertise in helping clients build a better workforce. A pioneer in Human Capital Management (HCM) and business process outsourcing, ADP serves more than 625,000 clients in more than 100 countries. ADP.com.
The ADP logo ADP and ADP Workforce Now are registered trademarks of ADP, LLC. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. Copyright © 2015 ADP, LLC.
SOURCE ADP Canada
For further information: Media contacts: McKenna Wild, 416-969-2774, email@example.com; Eric McLean, 416-969-2756, firstname.lastname@example.org