TORONTO, Nov. 8 /CNW/ - Two hundred and fifty Magna workers at Windsor
Modules voted overwhelmingly in favour of their first collective agreement
negotiated by the CAW, voting in favour of joining the union under the
Framework of Fairness on November 7, 2007. According to CAW President Buzz
Hargrove, this group will be the first of many to join the union.
Below are some of the highlights of the new agreement, released today.
- Immediate $3 an hour raise for all production members plus a wage
increase of 50 cents at six months of service and an additional
50 cents at 1 year of service.
- Skilled Trades will receive a wage increase of 50 cents at six months
of service and an additional 50 cents at 1 year of service
- An annual wage adjustment equal to the Consumer Price Index (CPI)
year to year in Ontario every August.
Layoff Security Plan
- Seniority Employees who are laid off will receive 60% of their normal
weekly income, up to EI max to cover the 2 week waiting period.
- Recall, and plant-wide rights to bump in the event of a layoff
- Job posting,
- Shift transfers
- Membership will elect CAW Fairness Committee (CAW FC) in each
department or zone and shift.
- CAW FC will review and recommend the Employee Advocate (EA)
- EA will become a Member of the CAW Magna Local Executive
- EA to have office in plant to deal with membership.
For further information:
For further information: or to speak with a CAW Magna worker, please
contact CAW Communications, Shannon Devine, (cell) (416) 302-1699; or Angelo
DiCaro, (cell) (416) 606-6311