Harvesting the Desire to Eat For Real
in the Land of Bricks and Mortar
TORONTO, April 11 /CNW Telbec/ - Hellmann's is offering Canadians the
opportunity to "Eat For Real" this summer by inviting them to apply for a
chance to have their own plot in one of five urban gardens that will be
planted this spring.
Individuals and community groups will have a chance to add more real,
wholesome foods to their diets by growing their own fresh fruits and
vegetables in free garden plots provided by Hellmann's.
- Hellmann's Urban Gardens will bring gardens to those who otherwise may
not have access to one.
- The gardens will be divided into separate plots where people can grow
their own fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Each of the five gardens will be approximately 18 feet by 40 feet in
total size; plots within the garden will be four feet by eight feet.
- There will be up to 10 individual plots within each garden.
- By harvesting their own fresh food, gardeners will shorten the distance
between garden and table, enabling them to make fresher, better-tasting
- Canadians are invited to apply for a plot in the Urban Gardens:
- Community groups
- Individuals both young and young at heart
- People with or without a green thumb
- Canadians can apply for a plot beginning April 9, 2007 until May 9,
- Hellmann's will review the applications and select the gardeners in
- Plots will be available from late May until early September, 2007.
- Hellmann's Urban Gardens will flourish in the following cities:
- Vancouver - Park Royal Shopping Centre (2002 Park Royal South)
- Calgary - Eau Claire Market (200 Barclay Parade SW)
- Toronto - at the intersection of Bay and Gerrard (686 Bay Street)
- Montreal - Décarie Square (6900 Boulevard Décarie)
- Halifax - at the intersection of Queen and Birmingham
(1462 Queen Street)
- Canadians are invited to apply for a plot and see full details by
visiting the Hellmann's website at www.hellmanns.ca.
For further information:
For further information: Lorraine Simpson, Les Communications Simpson,
(450) 466-8626, firstname.lastname@example.org