OTTAWA, Sept.30, 2016 /CNW/ - Their Excellencies the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, and Mrs. Sharon Johnston invite the public to join them at the Citadelle of Québec for the Fall Celebration on Sunday, October 2, 2016, from 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
The fifth edition of this public event will take place while Their Excellencies stay at the Residence of the Governor General at the Citadelle of Québec from October 2 to 5.
As part of the 20th anniversary of the Journées de la culture—and in keeping with its theme of music—activities for the whole family await!
- Take part in a djembe workshop and feel the rhythm of this African instrument.
- Enjoy a concert by the renowned Musique du Royal 22e Régiment wind quintet.
- Let yourself be enchanted by the music of the Jeunes musiciens du monde.
- Have fun with young acrobats and jugglers from the École de cirque de Québec.
- Watch some of Quebec's visual artists as they interpret the views from the Citadelle.
- Visit the Residence of the Governor General at your own pace and discover its history, architecture and collections.
- Sample culinary delights prepared by the Governor General's chefs and learn some of the finer points of table setting.
- Learn more about Canadian honours and some of the recipients who have been recognized for their outstanding achievements in the arts and in music.
- Meet representatives from the Canadian Heraldic Authority, discover coats of arms and emblems, and see a calligraphy demonstration.
- Immerse yourself in the history of the Citadelle of Québec, home of the Royal 22e Régiment, by visiting the officers' mess and the Musée Royal 22e Régiment.
Fall Celebration at the Citadelle
Residence of the Governor General at the Citadelle of Québec
(1 Côte de la Citadelle, near the Saint-Louis Gate)
Sunday, October 2, 2016, from 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
The event will take place rain or shine. All activities are free of charge and presented in collaboration with the Musée Royal 22e Régiment and the Canadian Armed Forces.
Visitors are encouraged to use public transportation, as parking is limited and available on a first‑come, first-served basis only.
For more information, write to email@example.com or call 418-648-4322 or 1‑866‑936‑4422 (toll-free).
SOURCE Governor General of Canada
For further information: Media information: Marie-Pierre Bélanger, Rideau Hall Press Office, 613-998-9166 (office), 613-852-3248 (cell), firstname.lastname@example.org; Follow GGDavidJohnston and RideauHall on Facebook and Twitter.