TORONTO, Sept. 20 /CNW/ - During tonight's Leader's Debate Howard Hampton
said education money shouldn't go toward "pet projects". Which "pet projects"
does the NDP oppose?
- Smaller class sizes in the early grades
- School safety including security cameras
- More arts and library teachers and guidance counselors
- More teachers focused on reaching at-risk youth so they don't drop
- Hiring almost 9,000 new teachers
- More books for school libraries and supplies for our classroom
The NDP voted against the McGuinty Liberal investments in our schools.
They voted against $3.7 billion to improve Ontario schools.
It shows that a vote for the NDP is a vote to go backwards to the
Hampton calls them "pet projects". We call it progress for our kids.
For further information:
For further information: Ben Chin, (416) 961-3800 ext. 412,