Leader in cloud-based talent management solutions earns recognition for outstanding employee and leadership development initiatives, dedication to CSR and benefit and perks program
OTTAWA, April 1, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - Halogen Software (TSX: HGN) has been named one of Canada's Top 100 Small & Medium Employers for 2016 for its company culture and innovate human resources and employee development programs.
Now entering its fourth year, Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers evaluates and ranks the nation's best workplaces based on several criteria such as social and physical workplace dynamics, performance management programs, development opportunities, perks and benefits, and community involvement.
"We're thrilled to be recognized for providing an exceptional workplace for our employees. At Halogen, our mission is to help organizations win with talent. And the same is true at our own organization because we believe our employees are our greatest competitive differentiator," says Dominique Jones, Chief People Officer, Halogen Software. "Employee development and fostering a culture of continuous feedback and recognition is an integral part of our culture. Our employees enable us to achieve outstanding business outcomes and fantastic outcomes for our customers."
Based in Ottawa, the award acknowledges Halogen's rapid growth with the addition of 130 new full-time positions in the past two years. Halogen's innovative corporate and HR programs also contributed to its recognition as a top place to work. Some of these programs include:
- The company has created a culture of recognition and feedback, honoring exceptional performance through various awards, including peer-to-peer recognition, long-service awards, and the Halogen PRO award, for employees who have outperformed their responsibility or demonstrated originality.
- Halogen's Emerging Leaders Program, which identifies high potential employees and invests in specialized development opportunities to prepare them for future leadership positions.
- The company also invests heavily in leadership through other initiatives including a Leadership Effectiveness Analysis survey, leadership pods, leadership development plans and the Annual Leadership Conference.
- Halogen's Brilliant Beginnings New Graduate Program exposes new graduates to different aspects of the business and offers a robust development plan to guide them through their first year on the job.
- The company is highly committed to giving back to the community via its Halogen Helps committee. Over the past three years alone, Halogen and our employees have raised more than $200,000 for charities such as the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation, the Ottawa Humane Society, Make-A-Wish Foundation and Second Harvest Food in North America, as well as the Child Funeral Charity in the UK and Beyond Blue in Australia.
- Halogen offers a competitive perks and benefits package which includes a RRSP matching program, tuition subsidies, and three weeks of paid vacation.
- The company is invested in the long-term development of its employees through training and development opportunities including conferences, mentorship opportunities, and in-house and online training programs.
To view the complete list of the 2016 Canada's Top 100 Small & Medium Employers, visit: http://www.canadastop100.com/sme/
About Halogen Software
Halogen Software (TSX: HGN) offers a cloud-based talent management suite that reinforces and drives higher employee performance across all talent programs — whether that is performance management, learning and development, succession planning, recruiting and onboarding, or compensation. With over 2,100 customers worldwide, Halogen Software has been recognized as a market leader by major business analysts and has garnered the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry. Halogen Software's powerful, yet simple-to-use solutions, which also include industry-vertical editions, are used by organizations that want to build a world-class workforce that is aligned, inspired and focused on delivering exceptional results. For more information, visit: http://www.halogensoftware.com. Subscribe to Halogen Software's TalentSpace blog: http://www.halogensoftware.com/blog/ or follow Halogen Software on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HalogenSoftware.
SOURCE Halogen Software
For further information: Melany Gallant, Manager, Public Relations, Halogen Software, T: 613-270-1011 x 4338, E: firstname.lastname@example.org