TORONTO, Aug. 21, 2009 /CNW/ - Starting Saturday, September 5, university
and college students will have a variety of travel options to get on the GO.
In time for the start of the school year, GO Transit is starting up its
regular school service and adding many new bus trips to several school routes.
Each year, GO provides service to McMaster University, University of Guelph,
York University, Durham College, and Sheridan College. New this year, GO is
expanding its service to include Trent University in Peterborough.
University of Guelph:
University of Guelph students will have even more options this school
year to get on the GO.
- Most school trips to the university will start Sunday, September 6.
- Guelph students wanting to head to York University can get on a new
weekday trip leaving Guelph at 4:45 a.m., making all stops to York.
- Starting Tuesday, September 8, four new eastbound weekday bus trips
will leave the University of Guelph at 8:05 a.m., 11:40 a.m., 1:40
p.m., and 4:10 p.m., making all stops to Cooksville GO Station.
- And, four new westbound trips will leave Cooksville GO Station at
6:35 a.m., 10:05 a.m., 12:05 p.m., and 2:35 p.m., making all stops to
the University of Guelph.
- Starting Tuesday, September 8, five eastbound weekday trips that
previously started at Meadowvale GO Station, will now begin at the
University of Guelph, departing at 8:00 a.m., 9:15 a.m., 2:15 p.m.,
3:15 p.m., 4:10 p.m., and 5:10 p.m.
- Starting Tuesday, September 8, York University students are getting
seven new weekday eastbound bus trips been Square One and York U,
with departures at 9:05 a.m., 10:55 a.m., 11:45 a.m., 12:15 p.m.,
12:45p.m., and 1:15 p.m., all running express from Square One to
- There will also be two new westbound weekday trips leaving York at
7:15 p.m. and 10:15 p.m., both express to Square One.
- Two new weekday trips will leave York U at 6:05 a.m. and 11:35 p.m.,
making all stops to the University of Guelph. Several other weekday
westbound trips will now make stops at the University of Guelph.
- A new weekday eastbound trip will leave York U at 5:40 p.m, running
express to Pickering GO Station.
- A new weekday eastbound trip will run express Monday to Thursday from
York U to Scarborough Town Centre, departing at 9:35 p.m.
- Two new weekday westbound trips will leave Pickering GO Station at
11:25 a.m. and 12:25 p.m., running express to York U.
- Three new weekday eastbound trips will leave York U at 6:15 a.m.,
7:15 a.m., and 9:15 a.m., making all stops to Oshawa Bus Terminal.
- A new weekday westbound trip will leave Oshawa Bus Terminal at 2:40
p.m., making all stops to York U.
- Starting Friday, September 11, McMaster students can take one of two
new Friday - only eastbound weekday bus trips leaving McMaster
University at 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m., running express to Square One.
- Students can also jump on the new weekday eastbound bus leaving
McMaster at 9:40 p.m., running express to Square One and on to
Bramalea GO Station.
- New bus service to Trent University starts this fall with new weekday
southbound buses leaving Trent at 5:20 a.m., 6:25 a.m., 7:10 a.m.,
9:10 a.m., 11:10 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 2:50 p.m., 4:10 p.m., 6:10 p.m.,
and 10:10 p.m.. These new trips will make stops at the Peterborough
Bus Terminal, Peterborough South carpool lot (Crawford and Harper),
Cavan-Millbrook carpool lot (R.R.10 and Hwy. 115), and the Oshawa GO
- New weekday northbound buses will leave Oshawa GO Station at 7:13
a.m., 8:28 a.m., 10:13 a.m., 12:13 p.m., 2:13 p.m., 4:16 p.m., 5:15
p.m., 6:19 p.m., 8:13 p.m., and 12:13 a.m., making stops on request
- New weekend southbound trips will leave Trent every three hours
starting at 6:10 a.m., 6:10 p.m., and again at 10:10 p.m., making all
stops to Oshawa GO Station.
Regular school service for Durham College students will be back up and
running, starting Sunday, September 6. Students are encouraged to pick up a
Sheridan College students making their way from the Oakville GO Station
to campus should pick up a new schedule, as some eastbound weekday trips will
leave Oakville station and Sheridan College five minutes earlier.
Other new service
- Three new weekday eastbound trips will leave Brampton Bus Terminal at
2:35 p.m., 7:35 p.m., and 8:35 p.m., making all stops to Union
Station Bus Terminal.
GO Transit is also making minor updates to some schedules to better
reflect typical travel times. For specific train and bus schedule information,
the public can call 416.869.3200, 1.888.GET ON GO (438.6646), or
1.800.387.3652 TTY, or check the Schedules section at gotransit.com.
GO Transit is the Province of Ontario's interregional public transit
system linking Toronto with the surrounding regions of the Greater Toronto
Area (GTA). GO carries nearly 55 million passengers a year in an extensive
network of train and bus services that spans over 8,000 square kilometres. GO
Transit is a division of Metrolinx.
Disponible en français
For further information:
For further information: Media enquiries - Vanessa Thomas, (416)
869-3600 ext. 5264, or Gillian Riddel, (416) 869-3600 ext. 5640