TORONTO, Oct. 18 /CNW/ - With Autumn upon us, temperatures are quickly
getting cooler and people are preparing for winter. The Fall season is the
perfect time to conduct routine inspection and maintenance on gas furnaces to
prepare them for the upcoming winter months.
CSA International, a leading provider of product testing and
certification services, offers the following tips to help you prepare your gas
furnace for the heating season:
Gas Furnace Maintenance
- Keep warm air registers, return air openings, and space heaters or
baseboards clear of furniture, rugs and drapes to allow free air
- Do not store combustible materials such as paper, chemicals, paint,
rags and cleaning products near your gas furnace.
- Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable vapours and liquids
in the vicinity of your gas furnace.
- Ensure that there is a free flow of air to the furnace. Keep the area
immediately around your furnace clear by removing any obstructions.
- Clean or replace your furnace filter frequently during the heating
- Have a qualified heating contractor perform a yearly maintenance
check of your furnace and venting system.
- Any home that contains combustion appliances such as a gas furnace
should have a CSA-certified carbon monoxide alarm installed according
to the manufacturer's instructions. If you intend to purchase a new
carbon monoxide alarm, be sure to look for one bearing the CSA
Certification Flame mark and CSA 6.19-01 reference mark.
About CSA International
CSA International is a provider of product testing and certification
services for electrical, mechanical, plumbing, gas and a variety of other
products. Recognized in the U.S., Canada and around the world, CSA's marks
appear on billions of products worldwide. CSA International is a division of
CSA Group, which also includes: CSA, a developer of standards and codes;
OnSpeX for consumer product evaluation services; and QMI, a leading North
American management systems registrar. CSA International can be found online
Version française disponible
For further information:
For further information: Anthony Toderian, Senior Media Relations
Officer, CSA Group, T: (416) 747-2620, E: firstname.lastname@example.org