Firm's benefits transcend generations
EDMONTON, Feb. 29 /CNW/ - Ernst & Young leads the province as one of
"Alberta's Best Places to Work for 2008." This week, the firm took top honours
for their people-friendly policies for both working parents and millenials.
Ernst & Young's People First culture fosters an inclusive environment
where everyone is afforded the flexibility they need to achieve their
professional and personal goals. At Ernst & Young, family-specific benefits
- Subsidized backup child and eldercare services
- Maternity leave top up to 100% of salary
- Paid paternity leave
- Reimbursement of adoption costs.
Millenials represent the next generation of the Canadian workforce. They
benefit from Ernst & Young's wide-ranging flexibility policies. Some
- Providing concierge services to book travel, run errands, and do other
- Closing the office for three four-day weekends in the summer
- Fitness reimbursement plan
- Tuition reimbursement for external courses.
"This is terrific recognition for the energy and creativity we invest in
our programs," says Karen Wensley, Ernst & Young's human resources leader in
Canada. "At Ernst & Young, putting our people first enables us to provide the
best quality for our clients. We strive to be the best place for all of our
people to develop their careers. These awards show that we are succeeding."
The "Alberta's Best Places to Work for 2008" list is compiled by Alberta
Venture magazine. This new ranking is part of a recent list of accolades for
Ernst & Young in Canada. The firm has also received the following honours:
- Best Employers for New Canadians for 2008
- Best Workplaces in Canada 2007
- Calgary's Best Places to Work For 2007
- GTA's Top 50 Employers 2008
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and
advisory services. Worldwide, our 130,000 people are united by our shared
values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by
helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve potential.
For further information:
For further information: Julie Fournier, email@example.com,
(514)874-4308; Amanda Olliver, firstname.lastname@example.org, (514) 879-6556; Kelly
Peace, email@example.com, (416) 943-3662