TSX Venture Exchange: EMR
OTC Bulletin Board: EGMCF
U.S. 20-F Registration: 000-51411
Frankfurt Stock Exchange: EML
VANCOUVER, Feb. 6 /CNW/ - Emgold Mining Corporation (EMR-TSX Venture)
(the "Company" or "Emgold") is pleased to announce that an interview of
Mr. David G. Watkinson, P. Eng., President and COO of Emgold, by Smartstox
Online is available for viewing on the Company's web site - www.emgold.com.
Emgold Mining Corporation - Investment Highlights:
- Recently successfully completed the second stage of three stage
permitting process to re-open the famous Idaho-Maryland Gold Mine.
- Permitting in California - well defined permitting and mine operating
legislation - California is the largest non-fuel mineral producing
state in the U.S., with 590 operating mines contributing $3.7 billion
directly to the state economy.
- Over $CDN7 million dollars in cash and near cash instruments.
- The Mine is located in the Grass Valley Mining District which
reportedly produced 13 million ounces gold at an average grade of
- The Idaho-Maryland Mine contains 216 resource blocks and 26 large
exploration blocks amongst a total of 754 exploration targets.
- 43-101 compliant resource - Measured and Indicated Resource of
1,666,000 tons grading 0.28 opt containing 472,000 ounces of gold and
Inferred Resource of 2,570,000 tons grading 0.39 opt containing
1,002,000 ounces of gold.
- Historical gold production of 2,383,000 ounces gold - average
grade 0.43 opt.
- A large structurally controlled mesothermal type deposit which can
contain large bonanza-grade greenstone-hosted ore shoots.
- Contains the third largest bonanza ore shoot in the world -
produced 1 million ounces gold from one million tons (1 opt) - the
Red Lake mine contains the second largest bonanza ore shoot, the
Kalgoorlie gold camp contains the largest bonanza ore shoot.
- The adjacent Empire Gold Mine (owned by Newmont Mining Corporation)
was the largest historical producing mine in California having
produced 5.8 million ounces of gold.
On behalf of the Board of Directors
Sargent H. Berner
No regulatory authority has approved or disapproved the information
contained in this news release.
For further information:
For further information: Michael O'Connor, Manager, Investor Relations,
Tel: (604) 687-4622, Fax: (604) 687-4212, Email: email@example.com