Digi TransPort® LR54 Designed from the Ground Up to Master the Advantages of LTE-A Networks
MINNETONKA, Minn., Dec. 5, 2016 /CNW/ -- Digi International®, (NASDAQ: DGII, www.digi.com), a leading global provider of machine-to-machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity products and services, today introduced the Digi TransPort® LR54, the company's fastest, low cost LTE-Advanced router for managed network services, digital content delivery, self-service kiosks, and managed retail networking.
The Digi TransPort LR54 is the new, high performance LTE-Advanced networking platform that provides fast, affordable and reliable Wi-Fi and high-speed cellular LTE in a form factor capable of performing in extended operating temperature ranges. Featuring a software-defined LTE radio, the Digi TransPort LR54 supports carriers across North America and most European countries and is pre-certified for both the Verizon and AT&T networks.
Digi TransPort LR54 is designed from the ground up to provide high-performance processing and memory horsepower to take full advantage of the LTE-A/Cat 6 cellular technology which offers faster speeds, increased capacity and additional bands. In delivering a high-speed, reasonably priced LTE device with low total-cost-of-ownership (TCO), the LR54 is ideally suited for professional network engineers seeking solutions for environments that require uncommon speed and connection integrity.
"As an industry leading solution, the Digi TransPort LR54 was custom designed to take full advantage of LTE-A protocols and networks," said Joel Young, chief technology officer at Digi International. "There is no other offering in the market that offers this level of speed and security, at this value, that can be deployed this widely."
Key attributes that distinguish the Digi TransPort LR54 include:
- Maximum speed: The LR54 was designed for high-speed, low-latency Cat 6 LTE-Advanced speeds (300Mbps), twice the typical speed of current LTE.
- Powerful and reliable Wi-Fi: Features the latest in Wi-Fi performance with dual 2.4 and 5GHz radios, with 802.11ac, limiting the need for intermediate Wi-Fi bridges.
- Global LTE network support: Offers software selectable 3G/4G LTE to choose the best network or carrier option.
- Continued connectivity: Features the patented SureLink™ connection persistency software that proactively monitors and self-repairs network connections.
- Enterprise security: Offers PCI-certified Digi Remote Manager®, IPsec VPN firewall, and 256-bit AES encryption as well as the new Digi TrustFence™ Device Security Framework, offering the critical features that protect connected devices and applications now and in the future.
- Sturdy hardware: The LR54 is an industrial grade "beast," temperature hardened to operate between -20° – 70° C.
- Remote device management: With Digi Remote Manager, administrators have a tool for centralized device configuration and a dashboard for troubleshooting remote devices to analyze network performance and connectivity points.
The Digi TransPort LR54 is available at an MSRP of $649 to $699 with a three-year warranty included. For more information, visit https://www.digi.com/transportlr54.
About Digi International
Digi International (NASDAQ: DGII) is a leading global provider of business and mission-critical machine-to-machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity products and services. We help our customers create next-generation connected products and deploy and manage critical communications infrastructures in demanding environments with high levels of security, relentless reliability and bulletproof performance. Founded in 1985, we've helped our customers connect over 100 million things, and growing. For more information, visit Digi's website at www.digi.com, or call 877-912-3444 (U.S.) or 952-912-3444 (International).
Office: +1 781-418-2402
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20161201/444867
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150519/217082LOGO
SOURCE Digi International, Inc.